Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

professor

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR. Miles driven, 271,278 as of Nov 5, 2012
:patriot:Hi everyone. I go by the name of "professor", having taught accounting and taxes since I was young.
My claim to fame is that I have driven my 2004 Black Raven XLR a total of 200,000 miles and going strong. I believe that would be a record for any XLRs
Henry (professor):)

:patriot:Hi everyone. I go by the name of "professor", having taught accounting and taxes since I was young.
My claim to fame is that I have driven my 2004 Black Raven XLR a total of 200,000 miles and going strong. I believe that would be a record for any XLRs
Henry (professor):)

Welcome to the XLR Net Henry.

200,000 miles? Awesome! Are you the only owner of the '04?

Welcome to the XLR Net Henry.

200,000 miles? Awesome! Are you the only owner of the '04?

Yes, I bought the car December 23, 2003. My Christmas present to me!
I travel all over the country on business and as a result put lots of miles on the car.
Henry

That is very cool. I would definitely say, you probably own the record for being the one owner to put the most miles on their XLR.

I'm kind of curious, what are some of the more prominent issues you've run into with the XLR over the course of the 200,000 miles? How has the reliability been as the miles increased?

That is very cool. I would definitely say, you probably own the record for being the one owner to put the most miles on their XLR.

I'm kind of curious, what are some of the more prominent issues you've run into with the XLR over the course of the 200,000 miles? How has the reliability been as the miles increased?

I have had many repairs as you might expect but believe it or not, I only changed brakes three times. I do mostly Interstate driving. Have bought 5 sets of tires. Had a rear axle rebuilt, new headlights. Never had trouble with the top. The car has never broken down on the road. (Thank heavens). Had a new gas tank installed. New radiator installed. That's about all I can remember.
Henry (professor)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back