Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A

aRTHUR7

Hi My name is Art. I just acquired a 2009 XLS with 32K miles and I am haveing problems with the headlights. When the car is cold after sitting all night, I start it up in the morning and everthing works. After driving a short distance (3 Miles), I restart the car and every indication inside the car tels me that the lights are on, but, they are not. The tail lights are on, the dash is lit up as though the lights are on and if I shut the engine off, the alarm that indicates that the lights are on bings. But the lights up front are not on. This true in the auto and manual modes and affects the hight beams also. The car has been back to the dealer and they replaces a head light module. I picked up the car yesterday and by the time I got home the headlights were not working.

Any Suggestions? Thanks

Welcome aboard. Can't say that I have heard of your problem but I'm sure someone will have an answer for you. Hope you can get together with us soon. Enjoy the ride.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I also have not heard of the issue you are experiencing. I do not know if the headlamps work they same as in earlier models. I always have my headlamps on and when I shut my car off the lights automatically shut off without any indication or warning alarm that they were left on. Are you using the headlamp selector on the stalk/turn signal lever?
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I also have not heard of the issue you are experiencing. I do not know if the headlamps work they same as in earlier models. I always have my headlamps on and when I shut my car off the lights automatically shut off without any indication or warning alarm that they were left on. Are you using the headlamp selector on the stalk/turn signal lever?

I Have a 2004 SLS and I traded a 2004 Corvette. I am familiar with the operation of the headlights. When I enter my garage, which is quite dark, I turn on my lights manually even in the day time, so as to not run into anything. If you do not turn off those lights the alarm will sound. I hear the alarm, but the lights are not on.

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if I know what could be causing your problem - but since the XLR has HID headlights (High Intensity Discharge), maybe there is a problem with the ballasts? But it would be odd that both of them would be going at the same time.

Good luck - keep us updated.

I Have a 2004 SLS and I traded a 2004 Corvette. I am familiar with the operation of the headlights. When I enter my garage, which is quite dark, I turn on my lights manually even in the day time, so as to not run into anything. If you do not turn off those lights the alarm will sound. I hear the alarm, but the lights are not on.

I am confused do you own a Cadillac XLR or Cadillac SLS? :confused:

I am confused do you own a Cadillac XLR or Cadillac SLS? :confused:

I have a Cadillac SLS (2004) and I njust traded my 2004 Corvette for the 2009 XLR.

I have a Cadillac SLS (2004) and I njust traded my 2004 Corvette for the 2009 XLR.

OK....now I got it. :D :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry