Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! new paint job problems

nvme

My XLR/V(s)
i just had my 2008 xlr painted a pale yellow and a black top--looks good. now the back up sensors and the back up lights don't work and the paint shop can't figure out why. can someone give me any suggestions?

Ask how they painted the rear bumper and trunk lid.

If they removed the bumper and the license pocket from the trunk lid. (The proper way to do it.) I suspect they most likely failed to reconnect the rear ultrasonic sensor and backup light connectors.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
new paint job problems.

Ask how they painted the rear bumper and trunk lid.

If they removed the bumper and the license pocket from the trunk lid. (The proper way to do it.) I suspect they most likely failed to reconnect the rear ultrasonic sensor and backup light connectors.

CC :wave:
thanks for replying--yes they did, as a matter of fact they remove every body part there is except the roof. i told them not to as i was afraid they wouldn't have the knowledge to remove and replace it without problems. they painted everything not only the outside but also the inside. i thought when they painted the inside the paint covered the connecters on the sensors but that wouldn't account for the back up lights. i will take it down to them and suggest what you said and ask them to remove the bumper and check the connectors. they was going to borrow a tech 2 and see if that helps. the cadillac dealer here said because the sensors where painted they have to be replace at $240.00 each plus labor and they would be black.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom