Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Tire Time

I just got some GOOD NEWS from my local Costco Tire Center!

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 ZP P235/50 ZR 18 97W Run Flats are back in production thanks to BMW's new 18" rims on their 2013 and/or 2014 models.

These are the original sizes the 04 thru 06 XLRs came stock with.

My local Costco and Michelin are having a special in May and I was quoted just under $1200.00 for a full set of 4, total out the door price which includes, tax, disposal of old tires, mounted, balanced and Nitrogen charged!

Just put two on the front a few days ago, my tire guy had no problem getting them. With mounting, balancing, disposal and nitrogen I paid $588.63 out the door.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I just got some GOOD NEWS from my local Costco Tire Center!

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 ZP P235/50 ZR 18 97W Run Flats are back in production thanks to BMW's new 18" rims on their 2013 and/or 2014 models.

These are the original sizes the 04 thru 06 XLRs came stock with.

My local Costco and Michelin are having a special in May and I was quoted just under $1200.00 for a full set of 4, total out the door price which includes, tax, disposal of old tires, mounted, balanced and Nitrogen charged!

I did this back in October, before her loooonnnngggg winter's nap. Costco had a rebate program that ended up being around $1125. Could not turn it down... GREAT PRICE!!!

Well..... It looks like I'm in the hunt for new shoes! Getting the car washed Saturday to go to a car show, I found a staple in my rear tire. And of course, it can't be in the tread, no it's got to be in the side wall. :( So it looks like tire buying in this household! After looking online for awhile, I don't think there's any runflats for the V stock size 19" tires. Anyone seen any for our V's, 19"? I'm thinking about replacing all four tires, not just the rears (with the staple). I'm thinking about getting the Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus. In this line, they don't have the stock size for the front (235/45-19), but they do have a 245/45-19. It's about .1" higher sidewall and bigger radius, and what? 10MM wider, (1/2"), if some of you guys run the rear stock size (255/40-19) on the fronts. It has a lower sidewall, and radius but 20MM wider, about 1", don't have problems with it rubbing against anything? If I go with the 245/45 on the front, I'd like to go with 265/40 on the back, a little bigger like the new fronts, but this Pilot Sport A/S Plus doesn't have that size. I didn't know that this was going to be so hard to fine tires!! Michelin is coming out with a new line in July called Pilot Sport A/S 3, as per Michelin's web site.

Here's where I get my tire size specs: Tire size calculator

Well..... It looks like I'm in the hunt for new shoes! Getting the car washed Saturday to go to a car show, I found a staple in my rear tire. And of course, it can't be in the tread, no it's got to be in the side wall. :( So it looks like tire buying in this household! After looking online for awhile, I don't think there's any runflats for the V stock size 19" tires. Anyone seen any for our V's, 19"? I'm thinking about replacing all four tires, not just the rears (with the staple). I'm thinking about getting the Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus. In this line, they don't have the stock size for the front (235/45-19), but they do have a 245/45-19. It's about .1" higher sidewall and bigger radius, and what? 10MM wider, (1/2"), if some of you guys run the rear stock size (255/40-19) on the fronts. It has a lower sidewall, and radius but 20MM wider, about 1", don't have problems with it rubbing against anything? If I go with the 245/45 on the front, I'd like to go with 265/40 on the back, a little bigger like the new fronts, but this Pilot Sport A/S Plus doesn't have that size. I didn't know that this was going to be so hard to fine tires!! Michelin is coming out with a new line in July called Pilot Sport A/S 3, as per Michelin's web site.

Here's where I get my tire size specs: Tire size calculator

Yes, finding a good performance tire that fits is a challenge. I run 255/40-19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 on all 4 corners with no problems. There are some minor differences in size from tire model to model of the same size, but I have no problems at all and enjoy being able to a 4 tire rotation.

The A/S+ is an all season tire which generally will not have the same performance as a summer tire. I suppose if you drive your XLR-V in the snow that may be important to you.

If I had to do it right now I would look to either the Bridgestone S04 or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and keep all 4 corners the same.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom