Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

OIL SPOTTING

JT112673

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V (SOLD FEB 2012)
I'm getting spotting on the garage floor from the oil pan area... Obviously an oil leak, but the more important question is will my CPO warranty cover something like that and should I be calling my dealership ASAP?

I'm getting spotting on the garage floor from the oil pan area... Obviously an oil leak, but the more important question is will my CPO warranty cover something like that and should I be calling my dealership ASAP?

Any kind of oil leak with a Northstar should be taken care of. I would imagine that your CPO warranty would cover an oil leak of some sort. I had my 2000 DTS Northstar show signs of an oil leak at about 92K (certified car to 100K) and they replaced all 8 pistons and piston rings, no charge. I think it was a $2K repair otherwise.
At least let the dealer tell you how serious it is. :dunno:

Good luck. :rocker:

Unfortunately, Northstar engines are known leakers, my XLR & XLR-V both leaked, pretty major repair on each of them. They had to drop the complete front suspension (not a pretty sight!) to be able to access the leak area.

Lotsa luck with yours. Only consolation was neither leaked again. Oh, and the leak was covered with no problems by the original factory warranty--I guess that was to be expected.

Appointment made for Thursday morning... thanks for the input.

Both of my Northstars leaked oil and both were repaired by the dealer under warranty. No leaks now. CPO should cover it.

I just had the front seals replaced - 15 hours labor, 100% covered under warranty. : ) "06 w/30,000 miles"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom