Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

P/N for GM OEM Chrome Wheels for V

ebferro

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red XLR-V
Does anyone know what the GM part number for the GM OEM Chrome wheels for the XLR-V is?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the part number is, but you will pay dearly if you order them from GM. Go to www.lawheel.com and you can do an exchange for under $1000.00 They will ship you the chrome rims, you swap out your sensors and tires and then ship your old rims back. Pretty easy to do--I did it on my 2004 XLR and my 2006 XLR-V. They also provide a five year warranty on the finish!!!

Does anyone know what the GM part number for the GM OEM Chrome wheels for the XLR-V is?
Thanks in advance.

OH MAN,,,,, Thanks a lot Cubby,,,, Now I'm going to halft'a check into that. I love the chrome wheels!!! I like the STS-V ones. Does anyone know, is the bolt pattern the same on the STS as on the X's. And I see that the STS's are 9.5" wide, would that make any difference on the stock X's tires?

Chad

Chad,
You would have to check the offset on the wheels to make sure they fall in the range for the V. Putting stock tires on a wider rim essentially makes the contact point a little wider, but also makes the overall height of the tire smaller. Are the STS wheels 19" or 18"?

OH MAN,,,,, Thanks a lot Cubby,,,, Now I'm going to halft'a check into that. I love the chrome wheels!!! I like the STS-V ones. Does anyone know, is the bolt pattern the same on the STS as on the X's. And I see that the STS's are 9.5" wide, would that make any difference on the stock X's tires?

Chad

Cubby, thanks for the comments. Luckily, my brother is being nice to me and bought the original GM OEM wheels for me for my birthday so they're not costing me anything. Well, I'm going to keep the original wheels and tires intact so they're going to cost me 4 tires and the pressure sensors.
My brother was able to work out a deal with one of the local Cadillac dealers where they sold them to him at 10% over their cost. I'm not sure what he paid for them but it definitely wasn't list. I guess things are bad out there and a little profit on a sale is better than no sale at all.
We just wanted to make sure we did indeed get the right wheels. Sometimes a good deal is too good to be true and we wanted to make sure that we did indeed get what we were supposed to get. Based on the part number, it looks like it was a good deal.
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Cadillac Tech, thanks for the P/N. As usual, you've helped tremendously.

I need a brother like yours--Would he like to adopt me.:laugh::laugh:

You will love the chrome wheels on your red car--it makes it look totally different.:cool::cool:

Cubby, thanks for the comments. Luckily, my brother is being nice to me and bought the original GM OEM wheels for me for my birthday so they're not costing me anything. Well, I'm going to keep the original wheels and tires intact so they're going to cost me 4 tires and the pressure sensors.
My brother was able to work out a deal with one of the local Cadillac dealers where they sold them to him at 10% over their cost. I'm not sure what he paid for them but it definitely wasn't list. I guess things are bad out there and a little profit on a sale is better than no sale at all.
We just wanted to make sure we did indeed get the right wheels. Sometimes a good deal is too good to be true and we wanted to make sure that we did indeed get what we were supposed to get. Based on the part number, it looks like it was a good deal.
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Go to www.lawheel.com and you can do an exchange for under $1000.00 They will ship you the chrome rims, you swap out your sensors and tires and then ship your old rims back. Pretty easy to do--I did it on my 2004 XLR and my 2006 XLR-V. They also provide a five year warranty on the finish!!!

Cubby, How do they do this? I'm interested. I assume you pay for the new wheels and a core charge, (for the your old wheels?). And when you ship the old wheels back they refund the core charge, is that how it works?

I've check with some tire sales companies here, and it's less than $200 to change over the tires. As long as we don't have to buy new TPM's. But as I can figure it out,,,,, it looks like the TPM's just bolt to the wheel, easy changeover. Isn't it??
Chad

One more thing Cubby!!! What did you do about the lug nuts?

Chad,
You are correct, they charge you the exchange price--I think it was $787.00 and then a deposit of $1100.00 and ship you the wheels. Use your sensors in the existing wheels, swap out your tires and box up your wheels and send them back-(they offered my free shipping for the new wheels. I had to pay to send the others back $85.00 UPS) In about 10 days you'll get the credit back for the $1100.00 after they inspect your old wheels. I had a rim out of round and they deducted to repair it. They also can send you new lug nuts with locks. PM or email me if you have any other questions.

Cubby, How do they do this? I'm interested. I assume you pay for the new wheels and a core charge, (for the your old wheels?). And when you ship the old wheels back they refund the core charge, is that how it works?

I've check with some tire sales companies here, and it's less than $200 to change over the tires. As long as we don't have to buy new TPM's. But as I can figure it out,,,,, it looks like the TPM's just bolt to the wheel, easy changeover. Isn't it??
Chad

Thanks Cubby!!! I went your route and used LA Wheel. I love the chrome wheels!!

Newwheels001.jpg

It was easy like you said. Now, the deposit for the "old" wheels is $1400. The locking lug nut is interesting, wouldn't want to be without the "key" on the road! Lot cheaper than buying four new wheels!

Chad

Looks really good Chad. :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry