Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Passenger Floor Mat keeps slipping - ugh!

SanDiegoXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Platinum with Shale
Hi All,
I have Lloyd Floor Mats in my 2005 XLR.
The passenger floor mat only has 1 fastener to hold it in place....and that it just not enough. (wish it had 2 fasteners like the driver side mat)

The mat is constantly moving out of place/bunching up as passengers get in and out.
Is there a better way to secure it?
I tried duct tape at the bottom of the mat, but not really practical when taking the mat out to vacuum it, and it still slips! :mad:

Appreciate any ideas y'all might have.
Thanks,
Mark

No idea... both driver and passenger mats on mine keep moving. I haven't as of yet figured out anything to keep them in place... guess I've just learned to live with it.

Have you tried putting another hole in the mat yourself? You may be able to start a small hole with a pair of sissors then push the restraining pen through. You would have to be careful so that you could retain the astetic look of the mats.

Another thing you could try is to place some velcro on the bottom of the mats and on the top of the carpet. That would definitely hold the mats in place.

:beerchug:

CAR Motorsports

The custom mats I got from CAR Motorsports, in Fayetteville, GA don't slip a bit. Once I got the grommets worked out (they came w/ the wrong size), they've stayed perfectly in place. CAR was great to work with on resolving the grommet issue.

PM me if you want their contact info.

Tim

My problem isn't the floor mats slipping, with me it's my adaptions I have. I have a left foot accelerator and will have to either use a "back seat" floor mat or what I'm trying to find and get is a "weather tech" floor mat that can be custom made to fit around my accelerator. Ever since I purchased this fine ride back in oct of 12, I haven't been having any luck. I even went as far as emailing weather tech.

Thanks for the ideas.
I thought about velcro, but I'd imagine it would get messed up whenever I take it to a full service car wash.
Push pins might work though....I'll try that!

image.jpgThis is my problem. I even went to weather techs website and clicked on the pop down tabs for xlr under cadillac. Their site says non are made for our cars. So I have a choice that I can either have a person cut a upending around a just rubber set of floor mats. But these don't have the clip piece so the floor mat stays in place. Or (and please don't kill me) but cut the drivers floor....mat so I can use the original holes so it'll stay in place. I really don't want to do this because our cars have parts that are hard to come by now. Plus where I need to cut is right where the xlr lettering is. 😭😰. I thought I kept my moms old srx floor mats so I could cut those. But I looked everywhere and can't find them. I really don't want to do this. But maybe I can use the old rubber ones and make a O ring to hold that in place? But those are really slippery. Ive been trying to figure out a way that I could use a floor mat here to fit around my foot pedal.

P.S. I spend 2 days in what felt like 100* scrubbing the carpet and vacuuming, and also cleaning the interior.

My Lloyd mats are a mess. They shift, bunch up and now have a crease that will not come out. You flatten them out and reinstall and in no time they are right back in a wad.

Bob

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back