Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Performance Mode XLR V

klaptrapper

My XLR/V(s)
2006-V black, ebony
Pressing the T/C rocker switch on the console yields 3 settings: Disable Traction Control Stability Control ; Performance Mode ; Enable Traction Control Stability Control.
Does anyone know what results from entering the "Performance Mode" ??
I can not find any definition in the owner manual.

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty,

I believe in the 'performance' mode the suspension becomes a little stiiffer for perfomance driving. I think it is also a little less governing on the traction control (May get some wheel spin in performance mode). I don't believe is does anything else--like changing rpm shift points, but I could be wrong. Hopefully Cadillac Tech will see this post and can shed some light.

Pressing the T/C rocker switch on the console yields 3 settings: Disable Traction Control Stability Control ; Performance Mode ; Enable Traction Control Stability Control.
Does anyone know what results from entering the "Performance Mode" ??
I can not find any definition in the owner manual.

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty,

I believe in the 'performance' mode the suspension becomes a little stiiffer for perfomance driving. I think it is also a little less governing on the traction control (May get some wheel spin in performance mode). I don't believe is does anything else--like changing rpm shift points, but I could be wrong. Hopefully Cadillac Tech will see this post and can shed some light.

This is not entirely accurate.

The suspension only stiffens up if the shifter is put into performance shift mode by moving it to the left when in drive. This will also change the shift characteristics (hold gears longer, downshift sooner) if the shifter is not manually put into a particular gear.

The performance mode via the T/C button only loosens up the traction control system.

I believe there's a 4th mode on the T/C button - if you hold it down for 3 sec it will disable it all.

After talking to the XLR team, I was told that these details were intentionally left out of the manual due to legal reasons.

Thanks, let me see if I understand. The T/C button in any position only affects the traction control and suspension system. The transmission shift characteristics are only affected by the position of the shifter.
In the third position, when the DIC says "T/C and Stability Control system disabled" It really isn't? You have to hold the button down for 3 secs for that to happen? Placing the shift lever in the left position, but not selecting any gears changes the shift characteristics (holds gears longer, downshifts quicker)
Downshifting without moving the shifter only occurs when decellerating or braking.
I need to know, because I intend to autocross the car. I don't want to be counter prooductive using these features. Is this documented anywhere by the manufacturer?

Thanks again
Rusty

This is not entirely accurate.
The suspension only stiffens up if the shifter is put into performance shift mode by moving it to the left when in drive. This will also change the shift characteristics (hold gears longer, downshift sooner) if the shifter is not manually put into a particular gear.

The performance mode via the T/C button only loosens up the traction control system.

I believe there's a 4th mode on the T/C button - if you hold it down for 3 sec it will disable it all.

After talking to the XLR team, I was told that these details were intentionally left out of the manual due to legal reasons.

Thanks, let me see if I understand. The T/C button in any position only affects the traction control and suspension system. The transmission shift characteristics are only affected by the position of the shifter.
In the third position, when the DIC says "T/C and Stability Control system disabled" It really isn't? You have to hold the button down for 3 secs for that to happen? Placing the shift lever in the left position, but not selecting any gears changes the shift characteristics (holds gears longer, downshifts quicker)
Downshifting without moving the shifter only occurs when decellerating or braking.
I need to know, because I intend to autocross the car. I don't want to be counter prooductive using these features. Is this documented anywhere by the manufacturer?

Thanks again
Rusty

No - this is not what I said - I don't think you read my last message carefully.

Here's something thats also relevant:

http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?t=5268

I tried that 3 second thingy in my 2007 XLRV. It jammed my transmission. I I could not move the lever back to the right. Transmission stayed in neutral. I Had to disconnect the battery in order to reset.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Thanks again
Rusty
When shifter is in the left position. Will the transmission upshift?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

When I first bought my 2008 XLR-V it had the performance option on the rocker switch. Now it does not. All it will do is turn traction control on or off. Does anyone know how to get the other options back? Will it take a computer reset? I have tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours....no luck.

If you have any error Codes on the Display (TPMS or something), it's not possible to use the perfomance Mode.

No error codes, but I was able to get everything back by disconnecting the battery for a few hours. Did a 5 minute idle warm up and drove around for 10 minutes, and bam! everything came back. Did the window reprogram and everything is happy now!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom