Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

power folding mirrors

long Tall Sally

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr dove gray
does anyone actually have power folding mirrors> ibought a couple that turned out to be just foldable power mirrors. you have to manullly fold them in. I see listing for both but no option codes on any and none listed anywhere .If you have them , was it part of a package and how do they work. I read somewhere that the mirror switch needed to be in the neutral postion then press it. Thanks for the help. tight spaces so I would like to add them as I am going to add the outer turn signal lights on the mirrors at the same time.

I have, and works very well. It has own switch. I think only export option (like intrusion sensor).

Hey

You have my piqued my interest now...........Can you post pics of the switch and where it is? Are the mirrors the same size and relative shape?

Bill

Mirrors are same -only with motor. Switch is just above mirrors 4 way switch. Sorry, pics later -car stays in garage because of half a meter snow...

that's the ones I got except bought them from their ebay site. they do not have motors in them to power fold. One side has Arabic writing but I can change the glass if they had actually been power folding and not folding, power mirrors. Got them cheap enough will use them for something

does anyone actually have power folding mirrors> ibought a couple that turned out to be just foldable power mirrors. you have to manullly fold them in. I see listing for both but no option codes on any and none listed anywhere .If you have them , was it part of a package and how do they work. I read somewhere that the mirror switch needed to be in the neutral postion then press it. Thanks for the help. tight spaces so I would like to add them as I am going to add the outer turn signal lights on the mirrors at the same time.
That's a good question. I live in Italy but have a US XLR here with me. I did buy (through GM China) the UNECE power window/mirror switch controls (different from the US version which does not have the switch for the mirrors - only for the windows and power locks). BTW, UNECE stands for United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, and sets global automotive standards outside of North America and any and all countries that follow US motor vehicle standards which thankfully are few and far between because sadly our safety standards like much else besides used to be world leading but now lag. We used to have the safest roads in the world in the 50s, 60s and 70s but now die at 3x the rate of Europeans!!! Surprisingly all the switch does is lower the mirrors - it does not fold them in! So that was a bit of a wasted excercise. But stands as a perfect example of the lag in the US - folding mirrors have been common on cars sold in Europe for many years before the XLR and one of the most expensive US luxury cars did not come with it. The US manufacturers have always been niggardly with certain options that the rest of the world feels are a standard requirement. If I have any more information I will let you know.

I don't believe that's quite accurate - re the mirrors not folding in and just lowering. I've done the conversion and it's lengthy adding the switch panel along with circuits in to both door modules and even relays and wiring in to the Body Control Module.

The construction of the folding sort is quite different so I could only suspect if you only bought 'the switch', it's not going to do what it's truly supposed to do. The true folding mirrors are a noted RPO (regular production option) - I don't know the code though it should be around here somewhere.

Found it:
D24: Mirror Outside Left and Right, Remote Control, Electric, Heated Light Sensitive, Power Folding

HTH!

Gord

Last edited:
I just ordered them - and they are power folding

1691756137053.png

Hi Mickey,
Post above mentions living in Italy but with a US car -without- the option.
Oh what a bonus if...-IF- somehow they installed all the wiring and such, but if the option wasn't set for the car on the assembly line, it's a good bit of work.

One needs the right wiring, all sorts of Aptiv / Delphi connectors, the relays of course, delicate tools to fit new terminals etc...and a shipload of patience. Unless there's relays already in place (see the picture), odds are that car is not wired for the folding set so it will most certainly not be a 'plug and play' sort of deal.

By the way, if the color of the mirror body isn't what you want, the body can be swapped - it's tricky but do-able.

relay map.JPG

HTH!

Gord

Attachments

• 08 Power Folding Mirrors - Export.pdf
    310.2 KB · Views: 73
I don't believe that's quite accurate - re the mirrors not folding in and just lowering. I've done the conversion and it's lengthy adding the switch panel along with circuits in to both door modules and even relays and wiring in to the Body Control Module.

The construction of the folding sort is quite different so I could only suspect if you only bought 'the switch', it's not going to do what it's truly supposed to do. The true folding mirrors are a noted RPO (regular production option) - I don't know the code though it should be around here somewhere.

Found it:
D24: Mirror Outside Left and Right, Remote Control, Electric, Heated Light Sensitive, Power Folding

HTH!

Gord
Thank you and you are correct. I finally got the folding mirrors (export) and also got the door plaque with the power folder switch BUT my mechanic cannot seem to make it work - it was much easier on the 2008 Cadillac STS-V - in that one it was just plug and play. So let me take the info you have laid down and hopefully I can get it to work - thank you again - this is very helpful.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom