Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Power Steering Units repair/replace

XLRJimJ

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Light Platinum XLR-V
I have a 2008 XLR-V and the power steering unit has failed. Where can I get a replacement unit? Can they be rebuilt? My Canadian dealership is really of little help. Nothing available in Canada. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks you so much for the contact information. I contacted them, and I cant get a new power steering pump, but they are saying it can be rebuilt. I really appreciate your help.

are you looking for a pump or a rack? separate and different parts lots of people with rebuilt racks have issues. I think you can still get a new pump that will work. Pumps make noise and whine .racks usually just leak fluid and sometimes develop a little jerky feel when making a slow parking lot turn.

Hi. Thanks for the response. it is definitely the power steering pump. I am in Ontario, Canada. I took the car to a dealership. They are unable to find a new one. They are currently looking to find a place locally to have it rebuilt. almost all the parts I have had to get are from the US. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

T thought the sts v was the same . I will look at one to see but I have bought them new delco before. I would rather have a new one aftermarket than a rebuilt by some company that does not already have them ready to go'
so is your car an 08 V? Power Steering Pump For 2004-2009 Cadillac SRX 4.6L V8 VIN: A 2005 2006 AC Delco | eBay

works on the 4.6 not sure about the 4.4
I would have to research a little but GM may have a part like this that the only difference is the hose connection that came with a new one that could be swapped over. I have seen water pumps that way

Last edited:

25897659​

V uses a splined pump shaft. Part number above. Going to be hard to find. Maybe summit racing will back order it for you but may take a while.

So to update this thread, I cannot find anyone who can rebuild the power steering pump. Part # 25897659. So it is ordered from Summit Racing for around $350.00 Canadian. Hope tghis helps others. Only concern is the delivery time is 6 weeks, but better than nothing . I cant drive the car without it.
B7797B59-A4CE-4D08-AE77-8C347ECBB891.png

well hate to burst a bubble but I had already called them and a/c delco. Discontinued with no new production in line. I was going to order maybe 2or 3 to see if that would help get them to make some. Looks like only option is going to be having someone that knows what they are doing to rebuild it . Of course they will have to make the parts needed so Thats going to be in the 1000$ range I would estimate. We will watch to see what you hear back from Summitt. I am looking at the corvette pump from the supercharged car and none seem to be splined so I wonder why they felt it was needed on the XLR_V. I think you are going to have to buy something like the holly aftermarket pump and get it adapted to fit.

I'm in the same situation as XLRJimJ with a 2008 XLR-V with a bad P/S Pump and Rack/Pinion Assembly (20,000 miles).

The Rack/Pinion Assembly was easy to obtain, but the power steering pump is proving impossible. I've called dozens of part suppliers, GM dealerships, and junk yards throughout the country over the past month. None of them have a replacement.

My car is with the local Cadillac dealership. They told me there were 330 2008 XLR-V's produced that use that part (25897659) and it's not financially feasible to manufacture and stock it.

I also ordered one from Summit last month. I called today, and there's no indication it will be available anytime soon. They offered me a refund.

If I find any option/solution, I'll post it here.

Sorry to hear you had the same problem as me. Michael was able to help me. I should have done that 8 weeks ago. Summit let me down. Don’t waste your time with summit / AcDelco. Just my advise. Good luck.

I have a 2008 XLR-V and the power steering unit has failed. Where can I get a replacement unit? Can they be rebuilt? My Canadian dealership is really of little help. Nothing available in Canada. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Have you found power steering pump?

I was able to get a power steering pump from one of the XLR net members, Mickeytee. I had no luck with Summit Racing through AC Delco. I also contacted Cadillac customer service with a request for them to ask ACDelco to make some of the pumps. No response from Cadillac except to say they are not obligated to supply replacement parts for vehicles that are more than 10 years old. I expected more from Cadillac. Disappointing.

Hey all, ‘06 V. Power steering pump just started whining. 110,000 miles. Not bad for how long it lasted, but after reading the above, sounds like I’m f’d. Any one know of another one available? Thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom