Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Question abour Air Intake

majik755

After experiencing multiple problems with Check Engine lights and Service Engine Soon DIC codes I checked the Mass Air Flow sensor and found small debris trapped in between the mesh of the sensor. Cleaned it out and all the codes stopped. I was amazed that the debris could bypass the filters so I have to assume previous owner was not very careful when replacing them. I was also surprised that the only place air got in was the relatively small slot on one side of each intake, especially behind a solid front wall behind the grill. This may be a dumb question but I also noticed both air <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>intake</NOBR> openings faced each other in the center of the engine, should they be oppositie each other facing out so they don't compete for the same airflow? Based on the stuff on my sensor I have no doubt they could have reinstalled the intake covers backward. Thanks for any advice.

I checked my 06 V and the openings also face to the center...

JT

Thanks for the quick check and reply. Not sure how these cars get enough air to breathe, no wonder a lot of folks opt for after market air intakes...

Hopefully all my error codes will stop now that the Mass Air was cleaned.

Thanks again.

The cars get their air from underneath the front bumper.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom