Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Quick intro....

Right on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

car shows

I now attend a local car show called "Cars & Coffee" close to my home very early in the morning on Saturdays. I have only seen one other XLR there besides mine, and it was either a 2004 or 2005. I always make sure mine is polished clean everywhere inside and out. It is amazing how many people don't know very much about XLR's, that they don't make them anymore. Even I learn more about them when I go to the show and talk to the Corvette guys that have been to the factory when they were building them.

I get that a lot too. That's why I printed out my window sticker and other valuable info. I just went to the registry on this site and the other info. Like how many were made (v's and bases) and when the v's were made (after 06) and the color choices etc. then decided what valuable info I wanted on my board
uha2yreb.jpg
y5ase6ap.jpg
. Then had that made up. I was in a hurry before my 1st car show. So I had the info blown up. It looked unreadable. So I think I'm going to make something different. Maybe like this
tu6e4y6e.jpg
or I saw a 3 bifold board at the Office Depot store that I might have it remade to that. Then just keep the original sign I made and hang it in the garage as a emergency use. I'm always looking at other ways to display when I attend shows or go as a spectator. But the only bad thing is the trunk room to store the signs. So thanks to 05granddaddy I've learned that if the sign/board is a certain thickness. (Like I originally had) then it'll fit in the trunk when the top is down. Then go and get one of those chair n a bag. That fits nicely in the 1/4 opening of the open trunk. It's just the right size. I bought the one with the attachable roof (for extra sun protection). I got mine at big lots for around $25. Then I saw this folding table at cvs and thought hey that will work too.
hyqysyma.jpg
so now I have a chair with head protection and a table that I can fold up and use for car shows. Or use then also for when I go to my nephews baseball games.

Well....I got my Vanity plate today......I went for the obvious but is was taken, so I did this.... XLRVIII.....too stupid?.....:chuckle

Well....I got my Vanity plate today......I went for the obvious but is was taken, so I did this.... XLRVIII.....too stupid?.....:chuckle

Nope, never too stupid. I've got 2006XLR. Kinda stupid but you'd be surprised how many people look at the back end and ask what year it is... :( After I put it on, I thought to myself how many XLR's does there need to be back there. Let's see, the plate frame has XLR, the emblem to the rh side "XLR", and the license plate, "XLR". Now that is stupid. The frame has to go!

Nope, never too stupid. I've got 2006XLR. Kinda stupid but you'd be surprised how many people look at the back end and ask what year it is... :( After I put it on, I thought to myself how many XLR's does there need to be back there. Let's see, the plate frame has XLR, the emblem to the rh side "XLR", and the license plate, "XLR". Now that is stupid. The frame has to go!

Too funny....:lol: We are so proud of these cars that we want everyone to know its an XLR!!!....Like I really needed to put it on my license plate!....:chuckle I wonder how many will understand that the VIII is roman numeral for 8....:confused: :lol:

Nope, never too stupid. :( After I put it on, I thought to myself how many XLR's does there need to be back there. Let's see, the plate frame has XLR, the emblem to the rh side "XLR", and the license plate, "XLR". Now that is stupid.

You can never underestimate the admiring public. My plate reads "A XLR." Had someone comment, "I didn't know you were an ex-lawyer."
Think that one out.

Steve

I get that a lot too. That's why I printed out my window sticker .......

Hawkeye,

What do you mean that you "printed out window sticker"? Do you mean you had the original and blew it up to easily view it? Or you were able to obtain a copy of the original somehow and printed it out?

I would love to have a copy of my original window sticker...

David "Dirny" Dirnberger

I just went to the registry on this site. After I put in my info for my car on the registry, then I clicked on the "sample". Then printed out the info that was on the sticker, cropped it and moved into position. , then printed.
I wanted to get a original reproduction but I went as far as sending a email to the bowling green Kentucky corvette museum. They replied back saying that they didn't have mine in their system. I was unhappy. But atleast thanks to the registry on the xlr site. Once you register your car, then they have a preliminary sample of what your cars window sticker could look like
Then I made it into a poster board.
Look at the next post

u6ehevu4.jpg

Hawkeye,

What do you mean that you "printed out window sticker"? Do you mean you had the original and blew it up to easily view it? Or you were able to obtain a copy of the original somehow and printed it out?

I would love to have a copy of my original window sticker...

David "Dirny" Dirnberger

Here is a copy of my window sticker that I copied and pasted from the registry.
gebeqy7a.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back