Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Quick intro....

zeek

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Satin Nickel XLR
Hi folks....:wave: I am contemplating the purchase of a 2004 XLR and joined this group to learn the pros and cons of this car. I have owned 14 Corvettes in the past. Oldest a 1962 and the newest a 2006. I love the Vette but just want something a little different so the XLR is a natural for me. Should I purchase one in the near future, I will become a regular here. Thanks in advance for any knowledge I may glean from this site. :)

Welcome, the XLR is a great car, and this is a great site. The XLR is quite a bit different from the Corvettes. Take your time and read the forums.
Bruce

Welcome, the XLR is a great car, and this is a great site. The XLR is quite a bit different from the Corvettes. Take your time and read the forums.
Bruce

Oh, believe me, I have been reading the forums! But Im still waiting for an answer to my headlight question in the tech forum....:dunno:

Welcome to the site, & The Headlight Issue on 04's

Oh, believe me, I have been reading the forums! But Im still waiting for an answer to my headlight question in the tech forum....:dunno:

Hi Zeek,

The 04's being the first production years were famous for this headlight issue. The only fix that I am aware of is to buy new ones on line for an 06 and replace them both. Complete assemblys of the the headlight door with the lens as a complete unit. Not inexpensive. The 06' headlight doors are a direct bolt in. The other thing is it is my understanding that there were more retractable top problems with the 04'. Not entirely sure about this last one as all the XLR's are prone to top retraction problems if the weather seals on the trunk go bad and you get water in the brain box for the top inside the trunk on the left towards the rear of the car. Pop the cover under the mat there and check for evidence of water or damage. Also an expensive fix.

Postscript: I am 'not' guessing about the 04 headlight fix. A well known problem with the 04's. G.M. subsequently did replace many at the time with later production model headlights. It is my understanding that some early 05's also had this issue. Therefore the recommendation that if buying used replacements you get those for an 06' as it was solved by that time. I don't think the later ones, 07' and up will fit? Not sure about this, but I do know for sure the 06' ones will. --- No, mine are not for sale. : )

Here's a link for G.M. Parts House online. They'd know if the later ones will fit and can supply prices for new ones. Other than this try eBay. Cadillac XLR Parts | GM Parts House

Regards,

Charles

Last edited:
Thanks for the info CNC...I decided not to get the Higher mileage 04' after all. I found the exact same color combination in an 05' with less miles (only 51k) It is being delivered Monday the 21st and I cant wait!:D

Glad you found a good one !

Thanks for the info CNC...I decided not to get the Higher mileage 04' after all. I found the exact same color combination in an 05' with less miles (only 51k) It is being delivered Monday the 21st and I cant wait!:D

Hi Zeek,

Love the picture of you with 'your best friend'. :) --- Glad you found one. Congratulations! I know how exciting this is to get one of these great cars. We just need to make sure to the best of our ability that we get the 'right one'. Summer top down cruising ahead. When you can please post pictures.

Hi Zeek,

Love the picture of you with 'your best friend'. :) --- Glad you found one. Congratulations! I know how exciting this is to get one of these great cars. We just need to make sure to the best of our ability that we get the 'right one'. Summer top down cruising ahead. When you can please post pictures.

Yeah, he's a good boy! I love my Maxx! I posted pics of my XLR in the general section....they are from the showroom floor, but I will take some of my own once its delivered on Monday....:beerchug:

I have a new guy question....While browsing this site, I clicked on the gallery photos. Under 05' Satin Nickel, there are the exact pictures that I posted of the XLR I am purchasing....the date says it was posted March 17th of this year by someone named "Rob". I just posted my pics on here yesterday....There is no other info about where or when these photos were taken. Im confused to say the least.....:confused:

I'll look for the pictures in a few minutes.

I have a new guy question....While browsing this site, I clicked on the gallery photos. Under 05' Satin Nickel, there are the exact pictures that I posted of the XLR I am purchasing....the date says it was posted March 17th of this year by someone named "Rob". I just posted my pics on here yesterday....There is no other info about where or when these photos were taken. Im confused to say the least.....:confused:

Rob is our site adminstrator he keeps this site running for all of us and does a fabulous job at it. In short, "He Da Boss". :) May have posted your pics and gotten the date wrong in transcription or something? I am sure if you respond directly to him he will be peased to answer you. He is the first one to have responded to your Post Above welcoming you to the site. Just click on his name to send him a direct private, or site open post email if you wish.

Regards,

Charles

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks Charles. Will do.

Daniel

Well finally got around to taking a pic of me and my just purchased 05 XLR. Please pay no attention to the apts in the background...Yes, I am living there....but only for 2 months untill I retire to my Gulfport, MS. home across the street from the beach! I sold my home here in TN and needed a temporary place to live. My rent is almost free because I keep the rif-raf out....lol.... ;)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 253

Hi Zeek,

There is a pigtail harness required for the headlights so they don't melt. P/N: 19120977

I've had my 2004 for 10 years. FYI: parts are becoming scarce.

Hi folks....:wave: I am contemplating the purchase of a 2004 XLR and joined this group to learn the pros and cons of this car. I have owned 14 Corvettes in the past. Oldest a 1962 and the newest a 2006. I love the Vette but just want something a little different so the XLR is a natural for me. Should I purchase one in the near future, I will become a regular here. Thanks in advance for any knowledge I may glean from this site. :)

Yes you should purchase an XlR I have had a 77 vet , have now an 88 vet and my 04xlr. Love it. Every day I am out people ask about it. Last week I was coming out of walmart and this lady was taking pictures if it.

Yes you should purchase an XlR I have had a 77 vet , have now an 88 vet and my 04xlr. Love it. Every day I am out people ask about it. Last week I was coming out of walmart and this lady was taking pictures if it.

Thanks for the input! I did purchase an XLR...an 05 and I love it! A guy came up to me in a parking lot and asked if it was a new design from Cadillac....He almost fell over when I told him it was a 2005 model....:lol:

Here's my XLR in my driveway in Gulfport, Ms....

Beauty...

Beautiful backdrop for a beautiful car.... Welcome to the family, Zeek.... We are all firm believers in the more the merrier and we love it when our family grows.

Thanks for the input! I did purchase an XLR...an 05 and I love it! A guy came up to me in a parking lot and asked if it was a new design from Cadillac....He almost fell over when I told him it was a 2005 model....:lol:

Here's my XLR in my driveway in Gulfport, Ms....

Last edited:
A guy came up to me in a parking lot and asked if it was a new design from Cadillac....He almost fell over when I told him it was a 2005 model....:lol:

You will find you get that comment a LOT! It's amazing how timeless these cars are.

Yep I get that a lot too. When I tell people that they no longer make these cars after 09. You should see the surprised look they give me. This isn't me saying it. But I get a lot of people saying they love my color then other colors. It make the car pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
y5aga5a8.jpg

XLR - Attention hogs....lol.

LOL... I absolutely love the attention we get pulling up to stop lights, parking lots, social events etc. As nice as Corvettes are they are literally every where you look (Common) and that's not the case with our XLR's. We are indeed in the "RARE SIGHTINGS" club...lol. And it feels oh so good to be noticed...lol.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom