Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Radio settings

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
I've noticed that my speaker settings tend to change without request frequently. This is not the channel selections, but the settings for type of speaker broadcast (talk, driver side, surround). I assumed it worked on the same principle as the channels with regard to D1 and D2 key fobs, but find myself having to reset the aforementioned quite often with channel changes.

Is there another step to "save" those settings that I'm missing? Thanks!

I've noticed that my speaker settings tend to change without request frequently. This is not the channel selections, but the settings for type of speaker broadcast (talk, driver side, surround). I assumed it worked on the same principle as the channels with regard to D1 and D2 key fobs, but find myself having to reset the aforementioned quite often with channel changes.

Is there another step to "save" those settings that I'm missing? Thanks!

I think it works along with the seat, mirror, etc. presets. Once you have everything the way you want, push the D1 or D2 corresponding button on the front of the seat. That should take care of it...

One would think, no? All of the other items mentioned remain set... just those pesky DSP settings. It's not all the time, either. Not a major obstacle, just a bit of a nuisance when having occasion to change channels more than usual.

One would think, no? All of the other items mentioned remain set... just those pesky DSP settings. It's not all the time, either. Not a major obstacle, just a bit of a nuisance when having occasion to change channels more than usual.

Strange... mine never change intermittently. Once they're set, I never have to change them (unless I want to).

You're pressing/saving the station channelpreset after tweaking the audio just the way you like it, right?

CC

If my memory serves me correctly i believe that each radio preset alows for its own setting i.e. Driver or surround.

As designed, there isn't a one optimal audio setting for all stations due to the differences in formats and individual tastes.

For example, talk radio has it's own type of setting which works very well for the frequency range of most verbal audio. Jazz has different strengths versus rock, etc. You only have to make the 12 adjustments (for FM1/2) once and you're good to go.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back