Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Reading lights not going out in a timely fashion

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
To whom it may concern:

My reading lights on the mirror were staying on for 20 minutes after the door was shut. I figured it out and fixed the problem to today by re-setting the body module. Now they go off in 3 1/2 minutes, which I feel is normal. If anybody wants to know how to do that, just let me know.

Signed,

"MR.Mechanic"

Last edited:
:slap: Steve,, Why not just post the procedure steps here?

I don't know why he just wouldn't use the switches on the mirror to turn them off:dunno::dunno:

(1)Disconnect both battery cables, (2)put a jumper wire between the two cables, (3)wait about 15-20 minutes to let residual energy dissipate,(4)the remove the jumper wire (5) reconnect the battery cables. This is supposed to reset everything, but it only made my mirror reading lights go down to about 3 minutes to go off, and I find that okay in day light, but not at night!!The must be a timing module some place that is bad, but nobody seems to know where it is located!!??

I don't know why he just wouldn't use the switches on the mirror to turn them off:dunno::dunno:
Because they are supposed to be automatically when the door is shut. That's what I have been doing, turning them on and off with the buttons on the bottom edge of the inside rear view mirror, but what a pain in the butt that is!!

Steve,

If you turn the mirrors light switches off, the lights will still come on when you open the doors, and will time out when the doors are shut.

Cubby, No they don't! That's the problem. I turned them off and they don't come on when the door{s} are opened; and if I turn them on, they won't go off when the doors are closed!!!!! What the devil is causing that????

If a new body control module is installed doesn't it have to be reset by a Cadillac dealer???

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom