Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear bumper hole cover

GJKeatingIV

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
There is a probably one inch square-ish cover piece that goes on top of the keyed emergency lockout switch on the rear bumper on the driver's side. It's probably a .50 cent piece of plastic but GM calls it a rear bumper hole cover and has it listed on their parts websites for $60. Please tell me there is another way/place to get one of these things. Even if I have to make one and paint it black...I literally just have a black piece of Gorilla Tape covering it now.

There is a probably one inch square-ish cover piece that goes on top of the keyed emergency lockout switch on the rear bumper on the driver's side. It's probably a .50 cent piece of plastic but GM calls it a rear bumper hole cover and has it listed on their parts websites for $60. Please tell me there is another way/place to get one of these things. Even if I have to make one and paint it black...I literally just have a black piece of Gorilla Tape covering it now.

Just a thought.... wondering if any other vehicles would have this same type of key setup that maybe you can could find one in a junk yard or even check into Aftermarket places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a guy a couple weeks ago who totalled his car. You may look back, find out what he did with the car. I imagine that part is still on the car.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rear Key Cover

Hi, I did finish off my 2004, still have it and I do have the rear key cover in black.
It may be worth more to me to keep it.

In my opinion this must be a easily reproduced item for GM. Other vehicles must have it.

If you really want to sort out some kind of a deal on the cover PM me.

FTH.

There was a guy a couple weeks ago who totalled his car. You may look back, find out what he did with the car. I imagine that part is still on the car.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm with you. If someone wants the rear bumper cover, they would also expect the key cover. I would only sell it with the complete bumper cover!

Hi, I did finish off my 2004, still have it and I do have the rear key cover in black.

In my opinion this must be a easily reproduced item for GM. Other vehicles must have it.

FTH.

REAR BUMPER TOW HOOK COVER

You can still buy it from the dealer I believe or, eBay may have it, or there are 4 or 5 GM Parts types sites and some have it and some don't. SMC Auto Parts.com don't have a lot of XLR parts for sale but whatever they do have they ship for free!

Good luck in your search.

Wife's XLR/ Sal

seems high

part number 12335690 and it will have to be painted as it does not come in color. 65.00$ from most sites does seem a lot. Maybe put a postage stamp over it. Finding one will be hard as stated. Good bumper will want to keep it together. I may look around to see if anything else will fit but I doubt it.

Hole Cover - GM (12335690)

76e8b6ae836042f696e927b194f31fe6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cost

My experience with FLOW is that their shipping is twice as high as most and they take 3-4 days longer . Plus they will hit you with sales tax if you do not watch your final shipping checkout.

Just checked and they want 14.00 shipping. Most will do it for 5-6 if you ask them to ship first class

Last edited:
Rear Bumper hole cover

FTH.

I am in need of the rear key cover my 2006 is Black, how much for it?

did you check your dealer with the above part number? T hey had shown discontinued about a year ago now I checked and all the online sites show it available. they usually show it as being discontinued after a month or so. It may be that they made it again. AT 90$ for something that at most cost them a dollar to have made I would think they need to sell a few of those to pay for all their recalls

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom