Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Removing the Filler/Bezel smoked plexiglass panel on a 2004 XLR

no need to remove the grille .it is held on with two snap in tabs on the square end and one larger slotted one on the rounded end be carefull not to break the grill on the two tabs .just pry gently to pop it out

Attachments

• DSCN6372.JPG
    DSCN6372.JPG
    771.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN6373.JPG
    DSCN6373.JPG
    816.2 KB · Views: 150
no need to remove the grille .it is held on with two snap in tabs on the square end and one larger slotted one on the rounded end be carefull not to break the grill on the two tabs .just pry gently to pop it out
Yes, Thanks I did remove and find debris and dirt in the lens! I cleaned it inside and out and the box behind the lens. I did a test drive and the message returned several times on a 50 mile round trip! Tried moving the steering wheel up and down and around also! Rains came so I will continue on with the search for and answer!

which message are you getting? if its service ride control it most likely is the wiring under the dash but you really need to check the trunk for water as moisture in the suspension module can start out that way before it completely shorts out and is toast

which message are you getting? if its service ride control it most likely is the wiring under the dash but you really need to check the trunk for water as moisture in the suspension module can start out that way before it completely shorts out and is toast
Message is { Service Traction Control } will check wiring under dash and the truck! Thanks

ok the front cleaning is needed to make sure your adaptive cruise works properly. I will have to check but I think the 04 had some issues with the traction control due to a bad abs module. I have not had that experience so maybe someone that has will chime in

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom