Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Rendezvous V - is it too early??

Cheyenne Mountain.com

Checked with Matt at Cheyenne Mountain.com and the price is $199.00 per night. That is before he puts together a package offer. Talked to Carmen at the Broadmoor and she is having another lady get back to me on their prices which I am sure will be considerably more. Now that I live in the Springs I have no need to stay overnight at the Broadmoor, however I do attend several functions there and the food is always good. Missy Bling, I think you should come a purchase one of the homes in my small enclave. There are currently five on the market with one under contract and one more to come on the market. There are only twenty five homes total and it is a gated community. Would love to have you and Mark as a neighbor, maybe we could make it a total Illinois community in here. We have an open heated pool three months of the year. Come on to Colorful Colorado.

Checked with Matt at Cheyenne Mountain.com and the price is $199.00 per night. That is before he puts together a package offer. Talked to Carmen at the Broadmoor and she is having another lady get back to me on their prices which I am sure will be considerably more. Now that I live in the Springs I have no need to stay overnight at the Broadmoor, however I do attend several functions there and the food is always good. Missy Bling, I think you should come a purchase one of the homes in my small enclave. There are currently five on the market with one under contract and one more to come on the market. There are only twenty five homes total and it is a gated community. Would love to have you and Mark as a neighbor, maybe we could make it a total Illinois community in here. We have an open heated pool three months of the year. Come on to Colorful Colorado.
The prices at The Hilton started out pretty high too when they were first negotiated.... but ended up costing us $134 night. If the economy doesn't get any better and the gas prices stay high those room rates will surely come down. Don't get caught up into contracts like Henry did. He was very lucky that he was able to fulfill the 80% occupancy rate that was required. We don't want anyone to take that kind of responsibility on. Thanks for checking into the different hotels ... I'll bet we would be hard-pressed to find a bad one ... your area looks beautiful. :rocker: Kent may have a suggestion or two also ... seems as I remember something about his travels through there ... ???

The prices at The Hilton started out pretty high too when they were first negotiated.... but ended up costing us $134 night. If the economy doesn't get any better and the gas prices stay high those room rates will surely come down. Don't get caught up into contracts like Henry did. He was very lucky that he was able to fulfill the 80% occupancy rate that was required. We don't want anyone to take that kind of responsibility on. Thanks for checking into the different hotels ... I'll bet we would be hard-pressed to find a bad one ... your area looks beautiful. :rocker: Kent may have a suggestion or two also ... seems as I remember something about his travels through there ... ???

Ruthie, my mother drowned all her dumb kids,:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle I am not about to stick out my neck and sign any contracts. There are other places I am going to check out also where everyone can be together as I think it is more fun if it is just one place to stay. Colorado Springs is the best place in Colorado, so many things to do here and also great for short day trips if people want to do them. When asked for dates I said August just to give them a date so I need to know when is the best time for everyone to be here. Guess we should post a place to decide on dates.

Boy what a coincidence. Bruce called me this morning and we were both thinking that this Memorial Day weekend was the best! We hoped you would be able to tell us more about that .... It's a holiday weekend, but yet before the kids get out of school .... and not usually a problem with heat ..... So ... for my vote, it would be Memorial Day again ... and longer .... maybe 5 nights??
Anyone else??? :blinzel:

I paid $169.00 per night at the Hilton as they told me the rate you got took away from what Henry had to guarantee and I didn't want him to have to pay anymore out of his pocket. He paid for the meeting rooms which I think was pretty great of him.

I paid $169.00 per night at the Hilton as they told me the rate you got took away from what Henry had to guarantee and I didn't want him to have to pay anymore out of his pocket. He paid for the meeting rooms which I think was pretty great of him.
I guess they gave different information to different people. They gave us the "senior online rate" ... they said they would not reduce our parking rate though ... It probably worked out to be the same. We were talking about this at the BBQ lunch on the way in to SA .... were you at the table at the time??? PM me if you have any questions.

Boy what a coincidence. Bruce called me this morning and we were both thinking that this Memorial Day weekend was the best! We hoped you would be able to tell us more about that .... It's a holiday weekend, but yet before the kids get out of school .... and not usually a problem with heat ..... So ... for my vote, it would be Memorial Day again ... and longer .... maybe 5 nights??
Anyone else??? :blinzel:
This Memorial Day in Colorado it rained all the time I was in San Antonio and has been raining ever since I arrived home. I really think later, July or August would be better for the weather, warm during the day and cool at night. Tourist season here is 52 weeks a year, always busy. Anytime is okay with me so it is up to the rest of the people. Do you think more will attend RV than showed up for RIV? I have a strange feeling there might be more if we really get the word out to everyone we possibly can.

Hmmmm.... we've got 2 threads going on the same topic .... :pat: Someone point me in the right direction ...:willy_nilly:

Castaways

Just talked to the lady at Castaways in Manitou Springs, 49 rooms/suites starting at $90 and going to $130 being early season rates so you can add another $10 to $20 on this for summer months. They have an outdoor pool and the prime rib in the resturant is fantastic. I used to drive down from Salida to eat there. Manitou Springs if fun, you drive from Old Colorado City right into Manitou Springs. Old Colorado City is the original part of Colorado Springs, lots of history, if you watched Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman it took place in what is now Old Colorado City. Temp has finally climbed to 60 degrees, cold and wet today. May have to turn the furnace on to get the chill out of the house.

Hmmmm.... we've got 2 threads going on the same topic .... :pat: Someone point me in the right direction ...:willy_nilly:

I started the other thread on the Colorado trip since RV is going to be in Vegas next August and it will make it easier for people to find information on the Colorado trip.

Two different trips,two different threads.

Broadmoor Hotel

Hope you are all sitting down, the group rate for the Broadmoor starts at $250, normal rate is $450. I was not aware that RV was already set for Las Vegas in August. That has only been a suggestion due to the fact that Hans will probably be in Vegas in August as he has a time share there so what is this all about???

Hope you are all sitting down, the group rate for the Broadmoor starts at $250, normal rate is $450. I was not aware that RV was already set for Las Vegas in August. That has only been a suggestion due to the fact that Hans will probably be in Vegas in August as he has a time share there so what is this all about???

As stated in post #5 of this thread, there are plans to go to Vegas next August.

Some of us like the idea of visiting Colorado next year,so we will start planning that trip.

Vegas

Nothing has been set for Vegas and I think it should be done by the original RI founders. Whatever happened to protocol?
Also, to my knowledge, Hans doesn't own a time share there. August is his slowest time for his business and since he has to come a long way we afford him the choice this time as to where he would like to have it which will probably be Vegas. I'm a little annoyed at people not giving consideration to the founders of the Rendezvous. That being said, start shooting, I still know how to duck.:pat:

As stated in post #5 of this thread, there are plans to go to Vegas next August.

Some of us like the idea of visiting Colorado next year,so we will start planning that trip.

I understand, Las Vegas in August of 2009 and Colorado in 2010 Thanks for the clarification.

Great idea, two Rendezvous, gives everyone a choice which seems to be the favorite way to do things lately.

No, ummm, I think it's Rendezvous 5 in Las Vegas of 2010. And a 2nd, or different trip to Colorado Springs in 2010. People can do one, both, or neither. I apologize if I said it differently ... does that help??

Nothing has been set for Vegas and I think it should be done by the original RI founders. Whatever happened to protocol?
Also, to my knowledge, Hans doesn't own a time share there. August is his slowest time for his business and since he has to come a long way we afford him the choice this time as to where he would like to have it which will probably be Vegas. I'm a little annoyed at people not giving consideration to the founders of the Rendezvous. That being said, start shooting, I still know how to duck.:pat:
I think you are absolutely right, it should be up to the founders of RI to decide where they want to go, especially those that have not resigned their Blue Bunny membership.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle I don't think anyone is going to be shooting at you, they don't want to waste a bullit

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom