Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Run Flats for my 2009 XLR Platinum

Hal-in-Prescott

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum
The XLR I just bought will need new tires. I do want to stay with run-flats. Normally I would buy Mich. Pilot Sport but they don't seem to offer run flats in our standard size. At Discount Tire, they show my choices to basically be Bridgestone or Continental. What are the thoughts/opinions/recommendations from the group? Thanks. Hal

Go to 20 inch wheels where you have a choice or ditch the run flats for real tires. Get a triple a membership or if you don't travel far just get a spare wheel and tire to keep at home. For the price of run flats if you have a flat and make it to the shop they most likely won't have a replacement th ire and will have to order a new one..I carry a 12 v compressor and a patch kit. Never had to use it in two sets of tires.

Go to 20 inch wheels where you have a choice or ditch the run flats for real tires. Get a triple a membership or if you don't travel far just get a spare wheel and tire to keep at home. For the price of run flats if you have a flat and make it to the shop they most likely won't have a replacement th ire and will have to order a new one..I carry a 12 v compressor and a patch kit. Never had to use it in two sets of tires.
Thanks for the comment/ideas. I'm not about to change wheel size. I like the way GM designed the car. I do have a AAA 200 mile tow membership. Yet, I consider the "run flats" along the same lines as why I have insurance: Hope I never use it, but if I need to, I'm prepared. The same reason I have AAA. So, given that, I'm still looking for recommendations on run flats for our cars. Thanks. Hal

That's fine. The reason there are only two choices is no one buys them. You can buy 20 wheels and performance tires for about the same as run flats cost. I love my much better ride with my tires that give much better grip . so you've really answered your question. Just flip a coin and buy one of the runflats.

Bridgestone makes run-flat tires, and I've had great experiences with... Check with DiscountTire.com

Bridgestone makes run-flat tires, and I've had great experiences with... Check with DiscountTire.com
Thanks. Yesterday I ordered a set of Bridgestone Driveguard Plus tires. Will get them installed Wednesday. I appreciate everyone's input. Hal

I would check with Tire Rack Headquarters located in South Bend Indiana. They will certainly assist you in Run falts they have in stock . Usually there is a tire they can fit you.

I would check with Tire Rack Headquarters located in South Bend Indiana. They will certainly assist you in Run flats they have in stock . Usually there is a tire they can fit you.
Thanks. As noted above, I made a decision and bought the Bridgestones. I did use Tire Rack, as well as other sources, to zero in on my purchase. Multiple sites came to this same conclusion.

Thanks. Yesterday I ordered a set of Bridgestone Driveguard Plus tires. Will get them installed Wednesday. I appreciate everyone's input. Hal

Thank you for taking my suggestion,,,,,,I'm sure you will like them and have the peace of mind of rolling on run-flat tires (y)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom