Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Seat heater/cooler information

The seat cushion TEC module is located on the front/top/forward part of the seat. It has an oval plastic flange at the output that directs air to the channels in the foam seat cushion. I've took a bunch of high-rez shots (aren't posting, so they may be too large.) If you need any, PM me with an email address and I'll forward one to you that clearly shows the TEC.

CC

2007 w/45k on the clock

My heat/cooler seat works just fine, but since I don't sit in the passenger side while driving I don't know:chuckle, but it doesn't fade or stop working after several hours on the road either. I've been using it since I purchased my car last year and for those with a 2007 and with less miles than mine you can gauge it from there.

So far, all good here...though my wife's MDX seems to cool better ( bottom only )

is is there recommended servicing for these units?

I've just started using my cooling seat for a while now. It's refreshing esp when the top is down. Haven't had any prob yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this round filter today underneath on the back bottom of both seats they turn on / off with like one click , righty c tight c/ lefty C loose c.... Drivers side was darker and dirtier which would seem normal! Did anyone else know they where there?
Here's a pic of both side top n bottom, there near the back in the center area underneath kind of hard to get you need to raise up and forward all the way to get underneath to reach your hand under to turn them! There only about 3" round!
equdajat.jpg

ejumyzav.jpg

Last edited:
Blower.jpg
Blower Fan with Filter.jpg

Here's a little additional detail to clarify where the seat air filter lives. The top picture is of the driver's side seat cooler assembly. The TEC is above the filter. The bottom picture is from the underside of the passenger side seat with the filter exposed.

CC :wave:

Attachments

• Trim Panel Screws.jpg
    Trim Panel Screws.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 652
I found this round filter today underneath on the back bottom of both seats they turn on / off with like one click , righty c tight c/ lefty C loose c.... Drivers side was darker and dirtier which would seem normal! Did anyone else know they where there?
Here's a pic of both side top n bottom, there near the back in the center area underneath kind of hard to get you need to raise up and forward all the way to get underneath to reach your hand under to turn them! There only about 3" round!
equdajat.jpg

ejumyzav.jpg

View attachment 4391
View attachment 4392

Here's a little additional detail to clarify where the seat air filter lives. The top picture is of the driver's side seat cooler assembly. The TEC is above the filter. The bottom picture is from the underside of the passenger side seat with the filter exposed.

CC :wave:

Do you need to replace these or can they be cleaned?? Didn't even know they were there...

Do all XLRs have HEAT and COOL seats?

My 2008 XLR only seens to HEAT. When I press the seat button I get HEAT HI >> HEAT LO >> OFF. There is never an option for COOL.

How can I tell if I am supposed to have this?

Thanks
*BH*

Press the heat cool seat button twice. Or 3x. It'll go from heat hi -heat low. Then keep pressing. It should by the 3rd time change to cool hi 4th time cool low. Then it should stay on cool setting after you turn the car off

My 2008 XLR only seens to HEAT. When I press the seat button I get HEAT HI >> HEAT LO >> OFF. There is never an option for COOL.

How can I tell if I am supposed to have this?

Thanks
*BH*

Press the heat cool seat button twice. Or 3x. It'll go from heat hi -heat low. Then keep pressing. It should by the 3rd time change to cool hi 4th time cool low. Then it should stay on cool setting after you turn the car off

Both of my seats heat well, but cooling only lasts for a short while and then becomes less and less. I think the cooling module is freezing up and blocking the airflow and just decided this was normal.
I've had both my seats out. I don't believe there's any cooling module. I believe the fan just picks up cool air from the car and blow's it up threw the perforated seat insert. Anybody else see anything different?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom