Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Seat HVAC

6444johnf

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR
I'm in need of guidance on troubleshooting the seat heat / cooling system. My understanding is the only moving part is the fan so this should be easy.

Fuse 42 is the drivers side. Fuse 41 is the Passenger side.

The fuse block is under the carpet in the passenger side footwell.

Good place to start.

If the front bolster between your leg does cool down, it's working and won't be the fuse.

The XLR doesn't blow air out of the seat as well as newer models do though. I sat in a 2013 Avalanche with heated/cooled seats and you could really feel the cool air coming out of the perforations. Not so much on the XLR.

I'm in need of guidance on troubleshooting the seat heat / cooling system. My understanding is the only moving part is the fan so this should be easy.

Your post didn't indicate if your problem is confined to one or both seats. If it's both, start with the HVAC unit. If just one, slide the seat forward, push the seatback forward and inspect the ducts for tears or disconnects. If those are good, place the cooling mode to MAX and disconnect the duct. Ensure the fan is blowing cold air. If the fan is blowing, but the air isn't cold, the heat/cool module is suspect. If no air is felt, the fan and HVAC are suspect.

A lot of problems are caused by disconnected ducts, so this is the obvious first step to begin troubleshooting when a single seat is having issues. When I first bought my car, both seats had torn/disconnected air ducts.

CCC :wave:

I replaced drivers side fan last year, about $65 and couple of hours if you do it yourself. Most of that is taking out and reinstalling the seat.

I'm having a hard time finding the correct part numbers for this system. Once I take the seats out I want to replace everything at one time!

Your original post was over a year ago, when you thought there was an easy fix involved for a problem that was never adequately described.

Defining the symptoms of your problem, the parts needed, and seat side(s) you wish to replace them on would make it easier to help you.

Asking for part numbers to replace "everything" is a little vague.

CC

Last edited:
2009 XLR V Shocks

What is the part numbers for all four shocks for a 2009 XLR V and is AC Delco the same as GM

Please don't thread-jack this thread. You should start a new thread, (There's a button for this.) and post your (unrelated) questions there under the appropriate title so it's easier for someone to find later. Otherwise the answer gets buried in another thread and any searches for information on a topic are harder to find.

Thanks,

CC :wave:

New Thred

What is the part numbers for all four shocks for a 2009 XLR V and is AC Delco the same as GM

Your original post was over a year ago, when you thought there was an easy fix involved for a problem that was never adequately described.

Defining the symptoms of your problem, the parts needed, and seat side(s) you wish to replace them on would make it easier to help you.

Pardon me CCClarke,

When I move through the various parts vendors there appears not to be a specific part number for the module, fan, filter or hose. Yes I have been quite busy so now that I have two spare minuets I want to remove both seats and completely replace the seat heater / coolers. I would much rather have spare parts on my shelves that to wait, with the car taken apart, for the unanticipated failed part.

Saet HVAC

Pardon me CCClarke,

When I move through the various parts vendors there appears not to be a specific part number for the module, fan, filter or hose. Yes I have been quite busy so now that I have two spare minuets I want to remove both seats and completely replace the seat heater / coolers. I would much rather have spare parts on my shelves that to wait, with the car taken apart, for the unanticipated failed part.

CC,

Found everything I needed!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry