Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Sebring, FL

Photo Girl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Not Yet. Official Photographer and Activities Director of the MMs
Eight weeks from this weekend is the season opener of the American LeMans Series (ALMS), the 12 Hours of Sebring, at Sebring International Raceway. It will be nice to see some of our XLR and Corvette friends and nice to be where it's WARM!
This will be the last time that the Corvettes will compete in the GT1 class (they will move to GT2 class after the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in June.)

Kathy:)

Our tickets for Sebring arrived today! It's only 4 weeks away!

Kathy:cool:

I got a call from Quinn last night. Her and Dave had left WI Monday afternoon and were hoping to stop for the day south of Atlanta. They hope to be in Key West by Thursday afternoon. They will meet us in Sebring,FL. next Thursday. She said she would check in and let everyone know how the trip was going.

Bruce :wave:

Awesome trip!!!

We just got home from our Sebring trip, it was a blast! It sure went by fast. We had breakfast with LinSue and JR on Friday morning...it was great to see them. We had Cathy and Dave to hang out with, plus our Corvette friends from around the country. Kathy now has her own Corvette Racing team fire suit! She spent the last 2 hrs. of the race in the "hot pits" with the team taking pictures. (lots of pictures) She was in heaven. We also got to see some great racing for 12 hrs.

We stopped in Bowling Green,KY today and visited the plant and the Corvette Museum. There were several XLRs on the line. The plant was much quieter than normal. We were told today that they will be working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off for the next few months. The expansion of the Corvette Museum is very nice and is almost finished.

I will post pictures soon,

Welcome home :wave: .... but I know you wish you were still somewhere on a race track! How cool that Kathy got her suit ... I wish I were there to see her when she saw it .... I hope she was as surprised as you hoped she would be! I can't wait to see your pictures ... all of them, l:lol: .. so great that you got to visit with my darlin' LinSue ... 'glad you had a good time. That's interesting info about the XLR's on the line ... my tech told me that they had a couple of orders still waiting too .... the car still sells, but I think still to those who want that uniqueness ... Such a shame that this car will end it's production ....

Pictures of Sebring 12hr.

Sebring20091402.jpg

Sebring20091411.jpg

Sebring20091442.jpg

Sebring20091476.jpg

Sebring20091524.jpg

Sebring20091532.jpg

Sebring20091557.jpg

Sebring200911586.jpg

Sebring200911797.jpg

Sebring200911778.jpg

Sebring200911099.jpg

Bruce :)

Great pictures ... where is a picture of Kathy in her hot suit?? Those pictures are from her new camera??

Good to see all of you - Quinn & DD ... LinSue & Jr .... You and Kathy - I know .... really memorable trip for you all ... :D

Great pictures ... where is a picture of Kathy in her hot suit?? Those pictures are from her new camera??

Good to see all of you - Quinn & DD ... LinSue & Jr .... You and Kathy - I know .... really memorable trip for you all ... :D

I will post some more pictures...we took over 2,600 pictures, so I still have quite a few to go through. I think all of these were taken with her new Canon XSi (we took 4 cameras),it is a great camera.
It was good to see our friends while we were in Sebring. LinSue said to tell all of you hello. Hopefully we will see her in San Antonio in May.

I wanna go back!

Just wanted to say what a great time we had at Sebring with Kathy and Bruce and Paul and Mea! Thanks guys! It was a wonderful way to finish off our vacation - though quite a difference from the previous week spent doing NOTHING in Key West. (OK, eating and drinking, but other than that... Actually, that good practice for the San Antonio Riverwalk, wasn't it?)

I might have a couple of pictures to post, but up against the "pro" (- did you guys see how BIG that lens was?) our pictures look like we were shooting them from Wisconsin compared to Kathy's closeups. OK - no jokes about lens size - 'cause it does matter.

I had a really nice visit with LinSue - went over to her house on Friday to get out of the heat for awhile. It was great to see her - hope they can come to SA.

There's been lots of family and business stuff to take care of, so I am way behind on the SA plans... going to switch over to the other thread and make a task list. Or, maybe just have the other MM's just 'tell us where to go and when to be there.' No brain power needed that way.

:partyThanks to all the planners and doers on the forum - you guys are great and give us such special opportunities for fun!

Now - somebody - PLEASE come to Wisconsin :wave:
Well, wait until tomorrow's 5 inches of snow melts... shouldn't take too long.

~Quinn

Cathy, it was great seeing you and Dave. I'm glad you had a safe trip home. We are hoping to have a MM get together in WI this summer. Hopefully the snow will be melted by then.:laugh:

Just wanted to say what a great time we had at Sebring with Kathy and Bruce and Paul and Mea! Thanks guys! It was a wonderful way to finish off our vacation - though quite a difference from the previous week spent doing NOTHING in Key West. (OK, eating and drinking, but other than that... Actually, that good practice for the San Antonio Riverwalk, wasn't it?)

I might have a couple of pictures to post, but up against the "pro" (- did you guys see how BIG that lens was?) our pictures look like we were shooting them from Wisconsin compared to Kathy's closeups. OK - no jokes about lens size - 'cause it does matter.

I had a really nice visit with LinSue - went over to her house on Friday to get out of the heat for awhile. It was great to see her - hope they can come to SA.

There's been lots of family and business stuff to take care of, so I am way behind on the SA plans... going to switch over to the other thread and make a task list. Or, maybe just have the other MM's just 'tell us where to go and when to be there.' No brain power needed that way.

:partyThanks to all the planners and doers on the forum - you guys are great and give us such special opportunities for fun!

Now - somebody - PLEASE come to Wisconsin :wave:
Well, wait until tomorrow's 5 inches of snow melts... shouldn't take too long.

~Quinn
Cathy MMs plan on a trip to Wisconsin this summer. You get to tell us where to stay and what we should do. So what is the plan? :dunno::D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom