Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

"Service Ride Control" and top not working

Haven't received them yet, but I just got this email from G7 Computers! Sounds like they can fix our flooded cubby issue!!

The computers you sent here have been repaired. There was a hardware failure on the boards. Usually when the computer fails, so does another part on the vehicle, and if all the damaged parts on the vehicle are not replaced at the same time, then the original problem may still exist, or even cause damage again to the computer (which is not covered under warranty, as stated in the Terms and Conditions on the website) and/ or vehicle. Anything electrically related to the symptoms with the vehicle should be checked. It could not be determined if the fault was a result of a short circuit in the vehicle or a manufacturer's defect because the vehicle was not here for inspection. Your computer was shipped back out within one business day after it arrived here (as stated in the Terms and Conditions, "one day" is defined as shipping out by the end of the following business day that the computer is received here from the customer).

Please let me know if you have questions.
Thank you.

that's going to be interesting . I just came back from a repair service locally that looked at one and said it needs a complete motherboard. Maybe your did not get that wet. I really hope this works as that would be great . Fingers still crossed. LOL I noticed their wording . Sounds like they leave themselves a way out. I can tell you that a new one plugged in fixes the problem. Is not vin specific and there are not "other" parts that need to be replaced.

There was a solid 4" of water in the cubby, and a burnt spot about an inch up on the circuit board. I'm guessing I could have them back by Weds. or Thurs. this week, and they're going in the second I get home. Ironically, my '97 F250 4x4 diesel is what I drove to work today, and it's dead in the parking lot. AAA tried to jump it...no luck. 3 hour wait for a tow truck to get her home. Still at work...started at 4am...loooong day. Now that I think about it, not so much ironic, but definitely unfortunate.

sorry to hear that . I have an old e350 diesel with 500,000 miles and its tough on batteries. I got a solar charger from a vw and it keeps them topped off . Hope you pain will be offset by good news when you get the modules. You may have lucked up on the modules. the ones I see and have look like the bottom of a saltwater boat. yuck. Make sure you find the post on stopping the leak at the upper trunk corner and follow the caddy bulletin and that will stop the leak from the top area. it can still come up from the floor but only if you drive thru a standing lake. I coated my trunk with a ceramic coating I got at SEMA nad the water does not bead it sheets off. I use a wiper style squeegee to dry it off when it wet before opening as a pint of water will run off of it into the trunk.

Interesting! Yep, sounds like bad engineering! I work on F-15 Eagles, and they also have areas that are suseptible to water so they designed in drain paths. As they drain out the bottom of the aircraft via tubes, they have the tubes [metal] cut at an angle facing aft [back] that creates a vortex essentially sucking out the water. Thinking of snipping the tube to the same spec. I talked to Klaus at Top Hydraulics yesterday. He suggested drilling another 1/4" hole in the box towards the backside of the box. Doing that too. Thanks for the input!
All sorts of "stuff" got sucked out of the B-52 sextant port at altitude ;-)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom