Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Service Ride Control Message

RICHARD JOHNSON SR

My XLR/V(s)
XLR 2004
After going thru a Road repair Zone that was very bumpy this message popped up! It comes back time after time after deleting! Could it be the tire sensor got knocked loose or something else that you may have had this problem with! I had all the sensors replaced about 1.000 mi. ago after having a problem with the Traction system. Car now has 54.000 Mi.

unless the ride height sensors were hit or knocked a connector off . ifdont see how the ycould have been damaged. does the light stay on? if it comes and goes then its most liklely a wiring issue. you can look at the sensors and make sure the rods to the a arms are not bent. There was also a recll I believe about wirring in your steering column. that may be an issue.

unless the ride height sensors were hit or knocked a connector off . ifdont see how the ycould have been damaged. does the light stay on? if it comes and goes then its most liklely a wiring issue. you can look at the sensors and make sure the rods to the a arms are not bent. There was also a recll I believe about wirring in your steering column. that may be an issue.
The light comes on after a while of setting or driving after I hit the button !

This morning I lifted the Truck floor cover and looked at the wiring beneath and saw no evidence of moisture on the left side, however on the right side I did discover the Nav System Map Disc in the case that did show some moisture damage had occurred at some time! When I started the car the Service Ride Control Message did come on before I even moved the vehicle , so cleaning that outside lens did not solve the problem. I see no obvious damage under the steering column. The vehicle has it's own building and weatherproof cover kept on it! The problem started recently and it has not been driven in the rain since I purchased it 2 years ago! Thanks again for the clues. RJ

There is a little red device the recall will provide you the number. What it does is slide into the steering wheel sensor harnass to apply pressure to the connectors. The cause is result of the movement of the column the connector become loose the red plastic comb looking device slides into the connector to tightin the contacts. Had the part here for months but after doing some repairs noticed that it have already been installed and proably tossed the part. Think they are about $10 bucks or so from GM.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom