Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Shocks/Struts

mderas

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Cadillac XLR
Dreamie my 2005 XLR needs new shocks/struts (electronic suspension) you may already know that 😊.

Being told that I can get them redone by sending them out, buy Refurbished or buy After market brand as they are often the same maker as name brand (per my client who sells after market engine components)

Thoughts? Input? Parts links to buy?

dont know who told you to send them out but weve found Nobody rebuilds them and there are no aftermarket. Rock auto is usually the cheapest at about 400$ each.. If your suspension module is working, read the post on converting to bilsteins or I prefer the z06 upgrade regular shocks and simulators. Cost will be about 450 for shocks 225 for simulators. Then if you like to drive a little harder than grandma put you a rear sway bar on. 200$ . you'll have a great ride for 1/2 the cost of mag shocks.

Thank you...I will look into that.. this is my weekend car, so I do find myself cruising a lot, also all the LA traffic doesn't help. I don't know much about the parts but some research would do me some good. Rock auto it is. Thanks again

I don't use it daily because I drive tons for work. Just this week I put 1476 miles on my work car :(

Well breaking news. Some company in China is just NIW making an aftermarket shock for the corvette and xkr. 700 a pair for front. Cannot find rear yet. So looking for someone to give them a try and let us know how they work.

I figured the buy once, cry once purchase of the mag ride shocks was worth it to me. If they go out again, they're warranted through Rock Auto.

Not sure about rock auto wsrranty. I would not worry as much about the shocks as I would be if I buy them and the module goes out.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom