Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Should I sell?

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Decided today to sell my XLR. Came on this forum to check pricing, want ad's etc. Of course now I am having serious doubts about selling it: need some help here friends! If you have seen my car in the past, it is just as nice still!

We have too many cars and we made a list of them (9 classics plus our daily drivers, my X and a pair of Harleys) and started to go down the list....gotta keep,... could sell, should sell etc. I have often said I should consider selling the XLR, dont drive it enough, drive many of the classics etc but the reality is I do put on more miles on the X every summer than many of the classics.

Yes, we are selling classics: sold the 65 Malibu wagon a few months back (traded for a 63 Olds F85 wagon plus cash to a guy in Virginia) Have the 61 Olds wagon for sale (resto mod, LQ9, 4L65E trans, Lokar floor shift, disc brakes, $58,500. usd), my 63 C10 pickup (I've had 15 years, 3 on the tree, 230c straight 6, original paint, excellent cond) $27,5 USD, Steve is selling his 76 Camaro 383 stroker 4 speed custom.....

Actually, the XLR is the newest vehicle we own. My daily driver is a pristine 99 Suburban; lowered, wheels, exhaust etc, Steve's is an bright red 06 single cab short box Silverado; lowered, wheels exhaust etc....lol.

Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions.........

Well if you're contemplating selling, nows the time to do it. The market is very good for used cars right now, XLRs included

Sold mine for a large profit, but I sure miss it. Not another car out there that is as stunning & headturning.

Good luck in your decision..................................................

Sandy - wish you wouldn’t. And I think you will wish you hadn’t if you do. If you change your mind, getting a nice one is getting harder and harder. Plus you know there’s no ghosts in the machine on yours.

But, you gotta do what you gotta do. Sounds like this is the coolest car you have!

Sold mine for a large profit, but I sure miss it. Not another car out there that is as stunning & headturning.

Good luck in your decision..................................................
well I wont be making any profit as I bought it when it was 2 years old w 7,000 miles. But yes, the prices have increased in the last while etc.

Sandy - wish you wouldn’t. And I think you will wish you hadn’t if you do. If you change your mind, getting a nice one is getting harder and harder. Plus you know there’s no ghosts in the machine on yours.

But, you gotta do what you gotta do. Sounds like this is the coolest car you have!
I won't 'give it away, it is in awesome condition, never gives me any trouble, starts with a growl every time I push the button and I love it too much to sell it for less than it is worth: this is not a fire sale. I need to go on another trip in it to make it realize its value. Jaunts to the grocery store or a sunny day drive is not cutting it. I dont see anything planned here on this forum. I guess I need to find a more active group. You two still have both of yours?

Decided today to sell my XLR. Came on this forum to check pricing, want ad's etc. Of course now I am having serious doubts about selling it: need some help here friends! If you have seen my car in the past, it is just as nice still!

We have too many cars and we made a list of them (9 classics plus our daily drivers, my X and a pair of Harleys) and started to go down the list....gotta keep,... could sell, should sell etc. I have often said I should consider selling the XLR, dont drive it enough, drive many of the classics etc but the reality is I do put on more miles on the X every summer than many of the classics.

Yes, we are selling classics: sold the 65 Malibu wagon a few months back (traded for a 63 Olds F85 wagon plus cash to a guy in Virginia) Have the 61 Olds wagon for sale (resto mod, LQ9, 4L65E trans, Lokar floor shift, disc brakes, $58,500. usd), my 63 C10 pickup (I've had 15 years, 3 on the tree, 230c straight 6, original paint, excellent cond) $27,5 USD, Steve is selling his 76 Camaro 383 stroker 4 speed custom.....

Actually, the XLR is the newest vehicle we own. My daily driver is a pristine 99 Suburban; lowered, wheels, exhaust etc, Steve's is an bright red 06 single cab short box Silverado; lowered, wheels exhaust etc....lol.

Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions.........
Did you sell it?

No I have not, have not listed it anywhere, still thinking. In Ontario our sales tax is 13%, if I buy a 75 thousand dollar car but trade in a car they will give me 40 grand for we only have to pay sales tax on 35 grand, so we were looking into how much I could get but that was way out to lunch on the price. Kind of figure I may take it off the road or check around on insurance, apparently I can insure it with Hagerty at a more reasonable price.

Hey neighbour. I was just into Leggatts. They have a 2004 Niemen Markus edition for $150,000 . It is a 2004 with 11 miles (23Km) on the clock.
They have a 2006 at $52K and another 2004 at $48k.
What are you asking for Yours? Mondays Cruise Nite at Burlington Mall.

Last edited:
I was asking $52, CDN but I have decided I am going to keep it. The car is virtually flawless and trouble free. Stupid to sell it. Leggats is asking strong $$ for those years in our market. The market is really soft here in Canada, much better in the US.

I think you are in the right Range to sell it, but wise to keep it I believe.
Cruise-ins Burlington Mall Monday, Milton Sunday. West Lorne this Sunday.
That place North of Trafalgar might be a good place to sell it too.

Just an FYI: Decided NOT to sell the car - all it takes is a solo drive in it. I need to go on a road trip in it real soon!

Glad you decided to keep it! I’m not sure there are any more active XLR forums out there, I truly miss the get togethers. We still have both of ours but the traffic here has gotten 10,000 times heavier and more aggressive/insane. Bad enough my next daily driver is going to be a big truck. So, out of self protection we typically take them out only on an early Sat morning, which unfortunately the weather rarely cooperates with. Hoping to move in a few years to where we can run them more.

No matter what every time I have one out I still think it’s the best looking car I’ve ever seen and fall in love all over again.

I hope Rob keeps this site going, it’s still a wealth of info on problems and fixes. Wish I had a giant server I could download all that stuff to!

Glad you decided to keep it! I’m not sure there are any more active XLR forums out there, I truly miss the get togethers. We still have both of ours but the traffic here has gotten 10,000 times heavier and more aggressive/insane. Bad enough my next daily driver is going to be a big truck. So, out of self protection we typically take them out only on an early Sat morning, which unfortunately the weather rarely cooperates with. Hoping to move in a few years to where we can run them more.

No matter what every time I have one out I still think it’s the best looking car I’ve ever seen and fall in love all over again.

I hope Rob keeps this site going, it’s still a wealth of info on problems and fixes. Wish I had a giant server I could download all that stuff to!
Why would you think this site would come to an end.
John F.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back