Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show and tell

Thanks, Rob!

It's hard for me to imagine someone buying a car (like your beautiful ZR-1) and only putting 179 miles on it. What value does a car have if you aren't in the driver's seat driving it?!? I'm glad you're enjoying your kids! They're beautiful, too!

PS I love the California Duster on the wall! I think EVERYONE here has at least one!!!!! :)

Nice Rob. :D

Okay, here comes mine& Tracy's:

This is our DD, a 2007 Trailblazer SS, with the LS2 Corvette motor, mildly tuned...it likes to beat up other SUV's on the way to work:
100_4987.jpg

The back patio before the carport was built, this is our 1965 El Camino and XLR, and my American Rat Terrier Bosco. The Elky is in fantastic shape and a great driver with 700 R4 trans hooked to a late model Vortec motor, Hotchkis suspension and lots of other neat goodies. The XLR is essentially stock. It's my rain car when one.
100_4868.jpg

My 2000 Corvette convertible up at a show in Reno where she took second place. What a blast to drive!
100_4254.jpg

This is my hydrogen electric fuel cell Equinox I'm driving as part of Project Driveway. It's an incredibly exciting program getting real world use out of fuel cell vehilces. What surprises me the most is how much we really enjoy driving this car.
100_5204.jpg

I've got a Harley and few other vehicles that I haven't uploaded yet.
Last pic of car I used to own 2 years ago, now residing Germany...see if you can tell what is from this obscure angle. (and EVERYONE should recognize it)
100_2589.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Bruce

Awesome toys!!! They all are beautiful. The last picture should be a '57 Nomad. Love the El Camino,very cool color. Let us know how the Hydrogen project turns out. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce :D

Very nice toys bpappy. :patriot:

Like the Nomad, Bruce. My uncle had a '56 when I was a driving teenager. He let sit in it:lol::lol:--never did get to drive it. I'm still searching for old pictures--had a '68 Camaro SS/RS convertible my brother and I rebuilt, '70 El Camino SS, '70 Chevelle SS w/ Cowl Induction. Wish I still had them.

Loved the 70's; when muscle cars were muscle cars!!!

Thanks, Bruce & Cubby are correct, it is a '57 Nomad. Funny thing, I had a '56 Nomad too. I had to sell one and I sold the '56, as soon as it cleared the driveway I looked at Tracy and said "I sold the wrong one."
I'm looking for another, but then I'm always looking at cars to buy anyhow. Guess I'm lucky Tracy understands.
Bruce

Thanks, Bruce & Cubby are correct, it is a '57 Nomad. Funny thing, I had a '56 Nomad too. I had to sell one and I sold the '56, as soon as it cleared the driveway I looked at Tracy and said "I sold the wrong one."
I'm looking for another, but then I'm always looking at cars to buy anyhow. Guess I'm lucky Tracy understands.
Bruce

You are correct, you are lucky to have a spouse who not only understands but supports your addiction. Enjoy.

Bruce :D

Okay, here are pictures of the other "kids"

The slot machines - I have 3 others so I can "rotate" them: (I need to fix that light!)
IMG_0132.jpg

My Pac-Man cocktail table - I put a special chipset in it so it plays every version of Pac-Man or Ms. Pac Man that was ever issued (user-selectable). Note the Pac-Man pillows on the couch, purchased on Etsy.com:
IMG_0134.jpg

My player piano. It was literally in pieces when I bought it - yes, I rebuilt it. it's a 1927 Starck:
IMG_0127.jpg

Pachinko machines. The Japanese use them for gambling:

IMG_0129.jpg

Yes, I usually have 2 kinds of beer on tap at all times:
IMG_0135.jpg

An 1890's Symphonion music box in perfect working order (in spite of the rusty disc):
IMG_0140.jpg

The Bar:
BasementBar.jpg

What home game room wouldn't be complete without a pool table? :
BasementSouthwest.jpg

A 1950's Ball Arcade Bowling machine (also bought in pieces and incomplete) totally rebuilt by me), my 6 pinball machines, a Centipede cocktail table video game, and my Phoenix upright video game in the corner:
BasementEast.jpg

The booth with a Merit Megatouch LCD touch-screen game:

BasementNorth.jpg

The "girls" who help keep everything vacuumed - Pearl and Ruby:
IMG_0137.jpg

PS. Centipede was the only video game entirely conceived and designed by a woman.

The Pachinko titles are "Popeye" and "Star Wars". You should see a little R2-D2 on the right hand side.

The pinball titles are, from left to right, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness, Addams Family, and Monster Bash. They are mostly from the 1980's and 1990's.

The slots that are presently on display are Double Diamond Deluxe and Big Bang Piggy Bankin'. Yes, it's legal to own them in Ohio, but I'm licensed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to resell them. Yes, that's the arm of the government that controls that stuff.

Well, it's now very obvious how you got your name!! :lol::lol:

I only have one slot machine. . .and I still can't win!

Floyd (BB)

Wow Homegrown very nice. Thanks for the posting. You are very talented to rebuild all that stuff. I am impressed. :worship:

:chuckle Oh believe me I will! Starting to miss my M&M's real bad! I need a fix! So we will have to get another plan going here real soon. Have fun this weekend and have a few for me. We will be on the beach drinking a few too! Call if you all get a chance! Enjoy!
Nice Room, very nice work, I like your style! ;)
Yeah, Baby! Just pick a date!!! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back