Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Your Vanity (tags)...

This one is from RIII as well. I don't know who it belongs to.

XLRRendezvousIIIJune08382.jpg

Thank's Bruce .... Kathy takes pictures of things no one else thinks of! :rocker:

I think the additional charge for the vanity plate is like 90 bucks on top of registration .... or maybe it's 70 ... can't remember ... what I do remember is it cost $598 this year to register her. (Thank you, Arnold) ....

Vanity Plates

Gee, New York plates are a bargain!
A $50 one time fee for the vanity plate and $59 (by weight of the car)for a two year registration.
I love NY.:xmas:

View attachment 504

New Plates for the V

I had my eyes on this for a while. Finally ponied up the $'s!

And Yes the car was dirty. That is now taken care of.

Bob

Hopefully the picture shows it well enought. Mine is CADIBLK and the registration for my 05 in NV was just under $800. I guess that is a draw back of not having a state tax.

Pa web site now reads $20.

Pa.
$36. standard issue All autos.
$30. I believe, at least it was. for a vanity one time ever
$36. There after. Std or vanity per yr

$70. for 3/4 ton pu was several yrs ago I was informed.

I had NTN HONY
Car, Impala, got stolen 15 months ago. Got car back 5 days later. Minimal damage. Everything, repeat EVERYTHING but tire jack stolen
A jumber CD, couple cig butts and empty beer can, under seat. A pair of silk shorts in trunk. Was found in Pgh. guy jumped out and the law got him. Went to magistrate. He said "I didnt steal it". Ok, go to trial. No word yet. Guess the murders outnumber the car thefts, SO. Plate gone.
When the impound lot run a release paper it came up with NO PLATE.
They finally left me have the car. Drove it 75 mile home, plateless.
Next day was off to notary for new plate. Local cop spied me, while he was conversing on the street corner. I was in the office and he came in. Explained the situation. All ok.

Rest of story. Have 2 cars. Wife and I came home at 10 PM, using both cars. Either she left the keys in back door or on the table just inside the door. My yard is fenced in, unlocked.
Changed ignition on car two and house door lock.
Also got personnal items, manual and garage door opener.
Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas or HH.
Excellent mannered offficer at the magistrates office. Super guy.

:rocket: :bash: :laugh:

Finally got around to posting the vanity tag. Feel free to honk if you see me out-and-about..... Hopefully soon in North Carolina!

I redid my plate surround to add wire mesh.

SAM_0374a.jpg

My XLR's plates

In Ontario the annual license fee is $84.00 per vehicle, regardless if it is custom plates or regular. The custom plates are a one time fee of $251.65 if it is just lettering which is limited to 8 characters maximum.

If you want one of the available special graphics I beleive that is around an additional $100.00 or so, there are maybe 40 -50 graphics choices you can get, CDN sports teams, some service clubs like Rotary International, nature related (my Grand Prix has a Trillium which is our provincial flower) there is even a Star Trek insignia :chuckle

We are custom plate whores, :laugh: have them on practically everything but for now I will just post my XLR!

Not mine....spotted in a listing with car for sale.

2BATCAVE.jpg

Good idea to ck your license plate. One of "their" tricks is switching the plate, as most people don't really pay attention to the plate reading.
Especially if it is a standard state issue number.

I don't have a close up picture of the plate on my Vagon but here is a picture of it at the starting line at the Big Bend Open Road Race:

tn_SpdWgn1.jpg

The plate says SPD WGN.

PS: How do you insert a thumbnail photo that points to the big picture?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom