Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Solved LED DRL problem.

shoalsgary

My XLR/V(s)
05 black
I used $39 a pair high power LED switchback bulbs, replaced sockets with modified 3170 sockets, connected the brown wire from the new socket to hot wire from the running lights. MUCH brighter than the incandescent original, much cooler. And the DRL goes off while the signal is flashing. I also removed the rotten DRL lens.

Would you post the video of the flashing in action? it would be cool to see!

Interesting!

Can people of average intelligence and auto electrical skills do this?

I used $39 a pair high power LED switchback bulbs, replaced sockets with modified 3170 sockets, connected the brown wire from the new socket to hot wire from the running lights. MUCH brighter than the incandescent original, much cooler. And the DRL goes off while the signal is flashing. I also removed the rotten DRL lens.

How did you get the DRL lens out of the headlight housing?

Posting pictures

It's not hard to post a picture. Right above the spot where you are typing are a bunch of boxes. 2nd set down and 4th from left is one with what looks like a picture frame with I guess a tree in it and next to it is what looks like a film. That is what you have to click on to insert an image or movie clip.
Done the picture but never the movie.

example picture.jpg

Kevin

Posting on an Iphone

I posted that picture on my laptop but am doing this posting on my Iphone 7 and it looks exactly the same as when I did it on laptop, same boxes are above where I’m typing.
I will try posting the same picture and see if it works.

5ACB763B-F6F5-4AC9-93AA-2C8119EA416F.jpg

Just did it, works exactly the same.

Kevin

I don’t know what would be different then. As soon as I hit Reply to Thread it comes up just like the picture but as soon as I start typing it zooms way up and it all disappears. You just have to zoom out and scroll screen around but it’s still all there.
Otherwise I have no idea. I’d do a screenshot but my home button is non functional so I can’t

Kevin

Many of us on iPhones or iPad download Tapatalk. It is an app specifically geared toward forums. Handy icons that allow you to take photos, post them or add other attachments. Some of the items don't read well, especially when someone posts pictures in their garage. Overall, it makes reading, posting and replying very simple.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many of us on iPhones or iPad download Tapatalk. It is an app specifically geared toward forums. Handy icons that allow you to take photos, post them or add other attachments. Some of the items don't read well, especially when someone posts pictures in their garage. Overall, it makes reading, posting and replying very simple.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, Tim!

Thanks, Tim!

FYI Rob, our forum mediator emailed me back, after I contacted him about when opening Tapatalk I’d get a pop up error. Rob told me he had stopped the forum connection with Tapatalk, since he has cell phone ability built in now for the forum. I still use Tapatalk for posting, but notice I don’t usually receive new post notifications on Tapatalk when new post are posted on the forum. Still an easy way to post pictures, is with Tapatalk! And I think the forum mobil use is to small and hard to navigate on the screen of a cell phone!

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back