Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Spare Tire ? On E-Bay NEW

Harley03joe

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Has Any One Put A Spare Tire In The XLR ? If So Where Did You Get It From.
I Was Looking On E-bay And Found This One
Let Me Know What You Think
Thank You
Harley03joe
2004-2009 Cadillac XLR – All Trims – Complete Spare Tire Kit - Modern Spare | eBay

[FONT=&quot]Product Details[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

• Heavy Duty Modern Spare Complete Kit Carrying Case With Storage Pocket For TruLift Ratcheting Scissor Jack & Telescoping Lug Wrench.
  • 18x4 Aluminum Alloy Wheel With 5x120.65MM Bolt Pattern. Maxxis T155/70R18 Tire W/81 MPH Speed Rating (112M) - 26.5” Rolling Diameter For Safe Extended Vehicle Use.
  • Enlarged Wheel Brake Caliper Clearance For Use With Large Modern Brake Systems. Safe To Use For Replacement Of Front & Rear Tires With No Spacer Required.
  • 3000 LB TruLift Ratcheting Scissor Jack With Rubber Contact Point. Modern Spare 14” - 21” Telescoping Lug Wrench With 17MM, 19MM, 21MM, & 22MM Sockets.
  • Large Disposable Tire Bag Included For Full Size Tire Transport.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Product Description[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We guarantee our kit to be the highest quality and best option for your money on the market today. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is why:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To make our kit incredibly simple to use, we began by designing an aluminum alloy wheel that is significantly lighter and more capable than its conventional steel counterpart. This makes it much easier to handle and improves vehicle performance & fuel economy. To maintain excellent standards of quality, we ensured that our alloy wheel meets or exceeds the latest DOT standards. To make storage and transport easy, we designed a custom carrying case constructed with durable high strength material that is reinforced by interwoven nylon straps. This allows users to comfortably transport and store the kit at home or in the trunk of a vehicle. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When further evaluating how to improve user experience, we considered the frustrations that plague conventional spare tire kits. Namely, the included scissor jacks were frustrating to use and did not allow the needed leverage to easily lift a vehicle. We eliminated this problem by developing a custom 3000 LB scissor jack that utilizes a ratcheting mechanism to provide the required leverage and efficiency to easily and quickly lift a vehicle. Should a stubborn lug nut present itself, our included telescoping lug wrench provides nearly two feet of leverage to easily remove and retighten lug nuts. As a forethought, we included a full size tire bag so that if you find yourself needing to place a full size flat tire in your vehicle, no road debri or dirt will find it’s way to your car’s upholstery. Bottom line, we have approached this kit from every angle to ensure that our customers have the best user experience possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For any questions about vehicle fitment or technical support please contact Modern Spare @ (801) 896-3395.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hey

A bit pricey for a spare. Pretty slick concept, yes, but where are you going to keep it? AND if you figure a way to do so, say mounted in the center area where the top is stowed, if that is even possible, what are you going to do with the flat tire/rim you replace it with, out on the road ? Stick with the run flats or AAA.

Bill

or that you can get one tow and an a tire . I carry a repair kit and a small compressor in all my cars. I have repaired major side wall damage well enough to limp to a service center to buy a tire.

Well I Do Have Towing Ins And The Spare Will Fit ONLY With Top Up, NOT What Top Down
Thank You For Your Input, As Far As Putting Old Flat In Trunk Is To Put The Top Shelf Down And Put In In The Trunk It Will Fit As Long As Top Is Up.
If I Want To Drive With The Top Down I'LL Have To Take Out The Spare Tire.

I Guess Run Flat Is My Next Buy :(:(
Thank You All
For Your Info
Harley03joe

Hey,

Sorry, I guess something got missed here. If you buy a spare as was proposed, you would have to keep it somewhere. My question was where are you going to keep it? Driving around in a car that was designed to be a convertible, with a spare in the area where the top is typically stowed kind of makes no sense at all as it really defeats the purpose of having a convertible. Top Down driving without the spare kind of puts you back at the starting point here and why I recommended run flats or AAA. Yest fix a flat will work too. Just not getting what the point of this post was about ?

Bill

Hey,

Sorry, I guess something got missed here. If you buy a spare as was proposed, you would have to keep it somewhere. My question was where are you going to keep it? Driving around in a car that was designed to be a convertible, with a spare in the area where the top is typically stowed kind of makes no sense at all as it really defeats the purpose of having a convertible. Top Down driving without the spare kind of puts you back at the starting point here and why I recommended run flats or AAA. Yest fix a flat will work too. Just not getting what the point of this post was about ?

Bill

Not Going To Buy A Spare I'm Going With Run Flat Tires CONTINENTAL PROCONTACT TX SSR MOE RFT 235/50/18

Also I Do Have Towing Ins And The Spare Will Fit ONLY With Top Up, NOT What Top Down

Thank You For Your Input, As Far As Putting Old Flat In Trunk Is To Put The Top Shelf Down And Put In In The Trunk It Will Fit As Long As Top Is Up.
If I Want To Drive With The Top Down I'LL Have To Take Out The Spare Tire.

I Tried :) >>> Did My Research :cool:

I Guess Run Flat Is My Next Buy :(:(
Thank You All For Your Info
Harley03joe

Last edited:
:thumbsup Good decision Harley...

Personally, I went with Bridgestone run-flats, and totally satisfied with the great ride quality.

Recently I read that Continental Tire is in deep financial trouble...

Personally, I went with Bridgestone run-flats, and totally satisfied with the great ride quality.

+1 for Bridgestone RFs on XLR’s. I put them on my base & didn’t notice any ride difference.

At the same time I had the same Continentals Harley is considering on my ATS coupe. Granted that car doesn’t have MRC & the tires are low profile, but the ride & handling were absolutely horrible with the Contis. I took them off & put on Michelin non-RFs plus a combo air pump//flat fixer in the trunk (like what came stock with 2d gen CTS’s). If the Contis would fit a XLR I’d sell them to you as they have low miles!

Amy,
What are you guys running on the V? Run flats are real hard to find in 19” without getting stupid expensive.

Pit Crew:
Is This What You Got >>[FONT=&quot]Bridgestone DriveGuard Run Flat P235/50RF18
[/FONT]
Is This The Tire That They Shoot The Arrow In On TV ?
Thanks
Harley03joe

Amy,
What are you guys running on the V? Run flats are real hard to find in 19” without getting stupid expensive.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports are on the V. If I remember we couldn’t find any runflats that fit and were made by anybody worthwhile, so just went with Michelin.

Pit Crew:
Is This What You Got >>Bridgestone DriveGuard Run Flat P235/50RF18
Is This The Tire That They Shoot The Arrow In On TV ?
Thanks
Harley03joe

Yes to both.

I avoided the expensive run-flats and went with ContiProContact R19 that are H100 rated, not run-flats; added sealant & pump to trunk just in case. Not tempted yet to add a spare to the already tiny trunk.

I avoided the expensive run-flats and went with ContiProContact R19 that are H100 rated, not run-flats; added sealant & pump to trunk just in case. Not tempted yet to add a spare to the already tiny trunk.

XLR Did You Read My Post On The Spare Thing ? It Will Fit With Top UP, But With Top Down It Wont Have The Room , So No With Top Down
I Did My Research On That Sad Right :(:(
Harley03joe

XLR The Spare Won't Fit With The Top Down I Did The Research On That, But It Will Fit With The Top UP
Sorry To Say
Harley03joe

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry