Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Spring Drive '12, May 19

A visit to The Gilmore Classic Car Museum in Kalamazoo, MI would make for a fun Spring Drive. Check out the link below;

events_details&

OK - I've got this on my calendar - but that is Devin's HS Graduation on Sunday. I think I can swing it. Count Devin and I in for this one. :blinzel:

Cubby is looking into hotels in the area & will post the information. :)

This is a very nice car museum. Hope to see a lot of people there on May 19!

I'll work on it. Should be able to make it.

Bob

Trip Info

Info for Gilmore Museum Trip

May 18-20, 2012

We will be staying in the Kalamazoo area for the Gilmore Museum trip in May 2012. The exit off of I-94 is Exit 80. There are several places to stay and eat in this area. We will have about a 20 mile trip north to the Gilmore Museum from this point. Below I have listed some of the hotels and their basic rates; they may offer AAA, AARP and or Gov’t/Military rates better than this. Be sure and check when calling. It would be best to select one of these for us all to stay at, so we can coordinate the drive to the museum on Saturday. Please give me feedback on where you prefer to stay.

Hotels at Exit 80
Econo Lodge Std. Rate: Std. Room $65.00 per night
3750 Easy St. Suite $90.00 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
269/388-3551

Holiday Inn Express Std. Rate: King $100.00 per night
3630 E. Cork St. 2-Queens $104.00 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
877/410-6681

Best Western Hospitality Inn Std. Rate: King $100.00 per night
3640 E. Cork St. 2-Queens $110.00 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
269/381-1900

Fairfield Inn Std. Rate: King $100.00 per night
3800 E. Cork St. 2-Queens $139.0 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
269/344-8300

We are thinking of arriving on Friday the 18th in the afternoon/early evening and finding a place to eat. We will leave in a caravan drive on Saturday morning to the Gilmore Museum and spend most of the day. We can also decide if we want to take a scenic drive in the area.
Gilmore Car Museum link: www.gilmorecarmuseum.org

On Sunday, if some wanted to stay a while, we thought of visiting the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. They are open 12-5pm on Sundays. This is not too far from where we are staying.
Air Zoo link: www.airzoo.org

Info for Gilmore Museum Trip

May 18-20, 2012

We will be staying in the Kalamazoo area for the Gilmore Museum trip in May 2012. The exit off of I-94 is Exit 80. There are several places to stay and eat in this area. We will have about a 20 mile trip north to the Gilmore Museum from this point. Below I have listed some of the hotels and their basic rates; they may offer AAA, AARP and or Gov’t/Military rates better than this. Be sure and check when calling. It would be best to select one of these for us all to stay at, so we can coordinate the drive to the museum on Saturday. Please give me feedback on where you prefer to stay.

Hotels at Exit 80
Econo Lodge Std. Rate: Std. Room $65.00 per night
3750 Easy St. Suite $90.00 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
269/388-3551

Holiday Inn Express Std. Rate: King $100.00 per night
3630 E. Cork St. 2-Queens $104.00 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
877/410-6681

Best Western Hospitality Inn Std. Rate: King $100.00 per night
3640 E. Cork St. 2-Queens $110.00 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
269/381-1900

Fairfield Inn Std. Rate: King $100.00 per night
3800 E. Cork St. 2-Queens $139.0 per night
Kalamazoo, MI
269/344-8300

We are thinking of arriving on Friday the 18th in the afternoon/early evening and finding a place to eat. We will leave in a caravan drive on Saturday morning to the Gilmore Museum and spend most of the day. We can also decide if we want to take a scenic drive in the area.
Gilmore Car Museum link: www.gilmorecarmuseum.org

On Sunday, if some wanted to stay a while, we thought of visiting the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. They are open 12-5pm on Sundays. This is not too far from where we are staying.
Air Zoo link: www.airzoo.org

Thanks for doing the legwork on the hotels, Cubby. Being a Marriott Rewards member, I'd like to suggest the Fairfield Inn (they typically are consistently clean - from my experience). I also noticed a PROMOTION under their website that gives you a rate of $109 per night and a $20 gas card. The $109 rate is also for the two double beds, not just the king.
Still trying to convince my wife that I will have Devin back home in plenty of time on Sunday, May 20th for his High School graduation. :cool:

I also noticed a PROMOTION under their website that gives you a rate of $109 per night and a $20 gas card

With there being a car show in town, this hotel knows how to get more customers, because they know that some people are coming from all over to enter in the car show.

Attendee list

Spring Drive attendee list:

Cubby & Supa, XLR-V, IL
Chicago Dave & Devin, XLR, IL
Rleonard, XLR-V, IL
unionrunner & coach, XLR-V, OH
HOMEGAMEROOM, XLR, OH

Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
Photo Mom

Just made our hotel reservations for the trip. Hope to see a lot of cars there!

Count us in, too. Just made our reservations at the Fairfield - thanks Cubby for doing the "leg" work. Coach and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

eric

Hate to say but we won't be able to make this drive/get together. We are in Colorado at our convention that week and don't get back till late on Friday.:confused:

I'm in! Our first trip of the year! Woohoo!!!! :rocker:

Is everyone staying 2 nights or just one?

I think the plan for most is 2 nights - but Devin's high school graduation is Sunday evening, so we are heading home Saturday night, after dinner with the gang. Glad you are coming - wouldn't be the same without you Rich. :wave:

Glad you'll be joining the group Rich, it will be great seeing you again.:wave:

List has been updated.

Spring Drive attendee list:

Cubby & Supa, XLR-V, CTS-V Coupe, IL
Chicago Dave & Devin, XLR, IL
Rleonard, XLR-V, IL
unionrunner & coach, XLR-V, OH
HOMEGAMEROOM, XLR, OH
IndyXLRVGuy, XLR-V, IN
GizmoQ (and 5AM?), XLR-V, IL
Lola's Mom & LinSue, XLR, CA & IL

Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
Photo Mom

We are getting there guys ... come on, where are the "newbies" at? This is a great opportunity to meet fellow forum members (especially the midwest ones). Stella? Gorilla? Doug Doty? :dunno:

:blinzel:

It would be great to see a big caravan of XLRs showing up @ Gilmore.:rocker: This will be a fun event @ a beautiful location, well worth the drive...hope to see you there.:wave:

Believe me I'm trying. Between us the car is new obviously a lot of my time during the winter was spent planning what to do with the new toy and doing acouple things. Now that spring is here a lot of my time not at work is constructing a addition on the homestead. To top it off I'm getting married mid June free time is spent deciding this and picking that and meeting this person. I'm still trying to throw in bobfest. This year is packed for me any chance I get though is either driven my new baby or riding my bikes. I'll be around for awhile there's time thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom