Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

St. Petersburg Cadillac Racing--2016?

sschooley

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine White XLR
This weekend I spent a lot of time with the Cadillac Racing crew in St. Petersburg. It was awesome weather and a great time.
Learned that Cadillac administers this race like many of the races we are commonly allowed to attend.
They keep a Cadillac V coral but not a single XLR was present.....

Actually I was impressed by the large number of CTS V station wagons.....

Perhaps next year some XLRs can appear for the weekend.
If there is interest perhaps we can have race weeks with some cool Florida events between because the Sebring race and
St. Pete race usually follow each other: one weekend after another..

I'll help put this together if there is interest...

FYI- Today the Cadillacs went 5th and 6th. Ferrari won easily...

Steve

IMG_0939.jpgIMG_0943.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend I spent a lot of time with the Cadillac Racing crew in St. Petersburg. It was awesome weather and a great time.
Learned that Cadillac administers this race like many of the races we are commonly allowed to attend.
They keep a Cadillac V coral but not a single XLR was present.....

Actually I was impressed by the large number of CTS V station wagons.....

Perhaps next year some XLRs can appear for the weekend.
If there is interest perhaps we can have race weeks with some cool Florida events between because the Sebring race and
St. Pete race usually follow each other: one weekend after another..

I'll help put this together if there is interest...

FYI- Today the Cadillacs went 5th and 6th. Ferrari won easily...

Steve

View attachment 5121View attachment 5122

I was wondering if you were attending that event Steve. I had a surprise visit by my son , daughter in law and grandson and totally forgot that was happening until it was too late to do anything about it. I trust you had a good time as always! Your idea for next year sounds good to me: but alas - I am V-less! :burnout:

Steve, Would they not let you in with your base XLR? Cubby has gotten me in last year at Elkhart Lake. I bet if you requested they would let you since no XLR's were on display, may want to ask.

Steve, Would they not let you in with your base XLR? Cubby has gotten me in last year at Elkhart Lake. I bet if you requested they would let you since no XLR's were on display, may want to ask.

Mark,

You are correct that any XLR is cherished by the Cadillac Racing folks. Although I had no knowledge of, nor paid for, the Cadillac package,
they wanted to house my XLR. However, they were concerned they had insufficient space because so many Vs had paid for their Cadillac ticket package.
($250.00 for the entire weekend-actually a good deal considering all the perks, food, drinks, parking , and track access that was included)

I was still generously given some complimentary special track access passes I didn't have any right to receive. (Thank you Arron!)
I was also promised to be included in next year's St. Pete offers and also to be included in offers for Mid-Ohio this year too. I saw nothing but
total acceptance for any XLR whether a V or not for our XLRs to participate with the Cadillac Racing Team at any track venue.

Sandy, next year bring that Red 2009 XLR down to Florida and I am certain the Cadillac Racing team will treat you special at St. Pete........

Oh, Mark you should come too, however you should put a lid on all the Navy stuff..... this year's Navy "fly over" crew is still looking for the track...

Steve

I would love to make it every year but it is to close to my annual business trip to Colorado. And now we have two grandbabies out there so it is hard to not go. Maybe in a few years after I retire.

2016 St Petersburg, Florida Grand PRIX

Cadillac Racing Fans,

This weekend is the St. Petersburg Grand PRIX. I have an
extra ticket (1) for the 3 day event (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) that I
can not use. Package includes Cadillac VIP access, food, XLR or a V-Cars Parking,
Opportunity to Drive the Track, and Special access to seating (Pit Lane Suites) and
Paddocks. Also includes special events with the Cadillac drivers and cars for exclusive Cadillac VIPs.

I know its last minute but if interested contact (PM or E-MAIL) me. The Cadillac Race team runs Saturday and Sunday.
Races include Indy Cars and a bunch of others. Should be a good experience.

Steve

Cadillac Racing Fans,

This weekend is the St. Petersburg Grand PRIX. I have an
extra ticket (1) for the 3 day event (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) that I
can not use. Package includes Cadillac VIP access, food, XLR or a V-Cars Parking,
Opportunity to Drive the Track, and Special access to seating (Pit Lane Suites) and
Paddocks. Also includes special events with the Cadillac drivers and cars for exclusive Cadillac VIPs.

I know its last minute but if interested contact (PM or E-MAIL) me. The Cadillac Race team runs Saturday and Sunday.
Races include Indy Cars and a bunch of others. Should be a good experience.

Steve

Steve, I just attended the PWC with Cadillac in Austin and had a blast. They had a lot of things for us to do other than just watch the race. Hopefully they will offer some of them in St. Petersburg. Just brush up on Cadillac trivia and backgrounds on Johnny O'Connell and Michael Cooper in case they ask questions during some of the presentations. If they do like they did here you could win a chance to drive a new ATS-V around the track before the race starts. I'll post some of the pictures on the Austin COTA event.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom