Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Start the XLR with a dead key fob

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
Forgive me if this has been discussed to ad nauseum, but I'm a two day new XLR owner. I'm doing my homework on normal and abnormal ops for the car. One tht's come up us starting the car with a dead key fob. I've look on FB and there's one or two vid's that reference the Vette and CTS. Any other suggestions on the process.... Thank you for your patience and understanding.....

Welcome, Read your Owners manual. Lots if useful generic info there. If you dont have a manual, search and download one. In the meantime, there is a "slot" inside the glovebox on the left. Insert the fob and the Car will see it dead battery or not. Hopefully this gets you going.

Welcome, Read your Owners manual. Lots if useful generic info there. If you dont have a manual, search and download one. In the meantime, there is a "slot" inside the glovebox on the left. Insert the fob and the Car will see it dead battery or not. Hopefully this gets you going.
I downloaded a manual, searched starting and didn't see it. Actually, of all the car's I've owned, this is the first manual I've read from cover to cover. I'll look again. I do remember the YT vids pointing out the same slot on the Corvette procedure and it's the same. Thanks for the response......

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back