Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Strange trunk/top issue

bobolope

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR
I pulled the drivers seat today to replace the plastic seat switches cover. Not wanting to accidentally set off the airbags, I disconnected the battery before I undid the three connectors under the seat. Right before I pulled the seat I opened the top to have more room to remove it. After buttoning everything up, reconnected the battery. Seat works great but top switch is now not working. Checked the fuses under the passenger floorboard and nothing's blown.

Any suggestions?????

Last edited:
You must re-index the windows once the battery has been disconnected. The top will not operate until you do this. Start the car and push and hold the window button down and let go all the way down and hold the button for about five seconds. Now pull and hold the button up and let the window close and hold the button for about five seconds. Do this for both windows and they will be re-indexed and your top will now operate.

I pulled the drivers seat today to replace the plastic seat switches cover. Not wanting to accidentally set off the airbags, I disconnected the battery before I undid the three connectors under the seat. Right before I pulled the seat I opened the top to have more room to remove it. After buttoning everything up, reconnected the battery. Seat works great but top switch is now not working. Checked the fuses under the passenger floorboard and nothing's blown.

Any suggestions?????

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back