Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Site Update: Supporting Memberships are now available

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Some members have expressed an interest in donating to help offset the operational costs of the XLR Net. As a result, I put together a Supporting Membership plan that is strictly voluntary for all members.

Supporting Members help offset the cost of operating the XLR Net web site. With all the new upgrades and extra room planned, the cost to operate the site continues to increase. We've been able to keep the entire site free to members and non-members and will continue to do so. The Supporting Membership program is completely voluntary and not required for forum membership. It's a simple way to help support the site and provides you with a few extra membership benefits.

Supporting Members get:

1. A special Supporting Member tag under your username:
    supporting_member.png
  2. Access to the Supporting Members only forum.
  3. The ability to upload videos to the XLR Net's Videos section.
  4. The ability to have up to 6 cars in the Garage Section.
  5. Save up to 300 Private Messages.
  6. Larger signatures with more images and videos.

The cost of Supporting Membership is $26.00 per year. To become a Supporting Member please click on the "Settings" in the forums tool bar, then scroll down the left column to "Paid Subscriptions" on the left and click on it. Simply follow the instructions from there.

For members who would not like to use the online form of payment, you can send a check or money order made out to: Torque Network:

Torque Network
c/o XLR Net
562 Fairfield St.
Manchester, NH 03104

Please be sure to include your forum username on your check or money order.

If your forum title has not been changed to "Supporting Member" within 7-days, or if your PayPal e-mail address doesn't match the e-mail address you registered with, please contact us with your forum username and PayPal e-mail address. Thank you!

Thanks for your support!

DONE!

DONE!

I think the whole idea of "Supporting Memberships" is good, but I am curious as to why the icon for one who does looks like an XLR-V symbol?

It seems a little inappropriate for those who own XLRs that predate the introduction of the V-series cars.

• Admin
Its just an image I threw together. I can take the V off of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Retain the "V" insignia for those of us owning them ; )

• Admin
I'll try to add a new image for non-V owners, but not sure if I can because I don't think the system will allow me to add more than one user-title image. I'll take a look.

My comment was not meant to be critical, I just felt that the inclusion of the "V" logo was somewhat disingenuous for those of us who do not drive XLR-Vs and should be used exclusively for those owners.

I plan to become a supporting member regardless of what comes of this.

Perhaps just eliminate a logo altogether. The "Supporting Member" verbiage would apply to all who choose to participate, regardless of their vehicular persuasion.

My comment was not meant to be critical, I just felt that the inclusion of the "V" logo was somewhat disingenuous for those of us who do not drive XLR-Vs and should be used exclusively for those owners.

I plan to become a supporting member regardless of what comes of this.
No worries. :) I didn't take it as being critical. I see your point.

I was busy today working on some other stuff so I didn't get a chance to build a couple other buttons. I'll work on it tomorrow.

I for one like the logo. It's colorful and adds something extra and eye catching to draw your eye to the avatr. If a vote is taken I vote to keep it as it is.

I pressed the button to add the $26. I pressed order and the only way I could pay was by pay pal. I don't use that company. Is there another way I can pay online with my plastic card?.

A couple of years ago I ordered a book via Amazon and used pay pal to pay for it. Not long after my order someone from paypal used my card to buy $200.00 of stuff from Sears. My bank traced the purchase as coming from paypal. This is why I do not use that service any longer. My bank did not pay the $200 from my account.

Last edited:
So I've updated the Supporting Membership image and removed the V-series logo. It was the best I could do given the size of the image.

I for one like the logo. It's colorful and adds something extra and eye catching to draw your eye to the avatr. If a vote is taken I vote to keep it as it is.

I pressed the button to add the $26. I pressed order and the only way I could pay was by pay pal. I don't use that company. Is there another way I can pay online with my plastic card?.

A couple of years ago I ordered a book via Amazon and used pay pal to pay for it. Not long after my order someone from paypal used my card to buy $200.00 of stuff from Sears. My bank traced the purchase as coming from paypal. This is why I do not use that service any longer. My bank did not pay the $200 from my account.
Right now, I'm only signed up with PayPal.

You're welcome to send a check if you'd like. See the Supporting Membership page for details, and thank you!

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/support.html#.UnheyxAUd40

Ok, I've gone ahead and registered with 2checkout.com which is a very large, credit card handling company.

So now when you go into the Paid Suscriptions section, you can select either PayPal or 2Checkout. :)

:mad::mad:Liked the V logo supporting member better!:mad::mad:

Sorry, but there was no way for me to offer more than one through the forum software.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom