Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Switch Illumination

2barhaven2

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Xenon Blue XLR-V
:dunno: I'm hoping one of my fellow enthusiasts can answer a question for me. On my '07 V, there is no internal illumination in either the "DIMMER" push switch,or in the intensity adjustment rocker switch immediately over it. The "HUD" switch does illuminate with the other instrument panel switches. Is this normal, or do I have an electrical issue in the first two switches?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You probably have bad bulbs in the switch cluster. I've had defective bulbs in both the right and left switch clusters on my dash. LEDs would have been so much more reliable.

The good news: These assemblies are relatively cheap and easy to replace yourself. You can buy them at gmpartsdirect.com among other places.

CC :wave:

:eek: Hi and thanks for your long-ago and very prompt reply to my plea for help. I was waiting to acknowledge with thanks, until I could get to the dealer for a replacement switch, so I could let you know if that cured the problem. However I have been sidetracked by another problem (see my post today re exhaust). But it is now far too long since your helpful suggestion, and I should have had the courtesy to acknowledge it with thanks even if I haven't got the switch replaced yet. So, my sincere apologies for my discourtesy. I'll let you know if a new switch solves the issue.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom