Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Taxicab and Cadillac XLR crash

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Two people were hospitalized after a serious car accident last night involving a taxicab and a Cadillac XLR. Kirby Drive was closed near Denman while police investigated the accident. Two people in the Cadillac were transported to the hospital. It's unknown if the taxi driver was injured. It appears the fire department may have cut the roof and passenger door off the Cadillac to rescue the people inside.

Taxi involved in crash | News - Home

Two people were hospitalized after a serious car accident last night involving a taxicab and a Cadillac XLR. Kirby Drive was closed near Denman while police investigated the accident. Two people in the Cadillac were transported to the hospital. It's unknown if the taxi driver was injured. It appears the fire department may have cut the roof and passenger door off the Cadillac to rescue the people inside.

Taxi involved in crash | News - Home

Thanks for the story, Rob. In looking at the photo - to me, it appears the car had the top down (panels seem intact on the trunk area)... they definitely removed the passenger door though. I hope those airbags did what they were supposed to do. Looks like a BASE XLR (not a V). Prayers going out for the driver/passenger.

Really shows the XLR is pretty much a "one wreck" car. Sure hope those folks are ok.

Hope everyone is okay.
BTW, if it's an '04/'05 would someone mind snagging the suspension control module for me? :reddevil
Bruce

Woah! You guys won't believe it, but thats right buy my house! (maybe about a mile away)

That intersection has some of the most expensive houses in Houston.

Denman is a residential street. And Kirby is a 4-lane street with a grass median - speed limit there is 35mph. I wonder what happened.

kirby and denman - Google Maps

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back