Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tech 2 scanner questions

Metal Man

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blue Steel XLR
New to the site, but have owned my '06 XLR for over a year now.

Would someone be kind enough to explain (in layman's terms) what the capabilities are of the Tech 2 scanner?
Will it allow insight regarding check engine light; traction control; fuel system; etc?

So, I'm considering purchasing a scanner and would appreciate advice on capabilities or what to expect; and are there multiple models/manufacturers of the scanner......and, of course, sources to purchase?

thanks, in advance, for your input
XLR.5.jpg

there is a used china knock off for sale by a member .It will let you do tons of things on the car. They are pretty simple to learn and the knock offs seem to work fine for no more than we use them. Juts a top relearn will almost pay for it .it will give you all sorts of engine information in real time. You will need a xlr shop manual to be able to read codes and all. they can be downloaded for 10$ of so off ebay but are very hard to navigate. Paper copies are rather expensive 300-500 but much easier to read and do reference. The tech 2 is what GM techs used to work on the car when they were new

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom