Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tech 2

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
Using a Tech 2, can you do things like command the headlight washers to operate without having to use the button control in the car?

I know that this is off topic, but I have never been able to get those washers to work. I think they are just for show. :dunno:

Can't answer that question.:dunno:

Using a Tech 2, can you do things like command the headlight washers to operate without having to use the button control in the car?

The following is from the owners manual:

Windshield Washer
K(Washer Fluid): The lever on the right side of the
steering column also controls the windshield washer.
There is a button at the end of the lever. To spray
washer fluid on the windshield, press the button and
hold it. The washer will spray until you release the
button. The wipers will continue to clear the window for
about six seconds after the button is released and
then stop or return to your preset speed.
Your vehicle also has headlamp washers. Every fourth
time the washer fluid button is pressed, washer fluid
will clean the headlamps.

I know that this is off topic, but I have never been able to get those washers to work. I think they are just for show. :dunno:

The following is from the owners manual:

Windshield Washer
K(Washer Fluid): The lever on the right side of the
steering column also controls the windshield washer.
There is a button at the end of the lever. To spray
washer fluid on the windshield, press the button and
hold it. The washer will spray until you release the
button. The wipers will continue to clear the window for
about six seconds after the button is released and
then stop or return to your preset speed.
Your vehicle also has headlamp washers. Every fourth
time the washer fluid button is pressed, washer fluid
will clean the headlamps.

That would explain it. I do not take the XLR out into the rain and when I have used the washers I have done so no more than two times consecutively.

Thanks Cubby!

Usually the headlamp washers only come on when you don't want them to. Happened to us yesterday, so we had a nice soaked front end right when we parked. :(

Mine works every 5th press of the washer button. What I wanted to know is if I could make JUST the headlight washers to come one without washing the windshield and if the TECH 2 would do this for me. I wanted to align the washers. If you're sitting still, the headlight washers wash my hood along with the sides of the car. Not sure how much of the headlight gets washed, I'm in the car at the time.

I don't like to drive the car in the rain but here in Oregon it's very hard. It could be nice and sunny when you leave to go somewhere and 1/2 an hour later it rains and you're 30 miles from home and your garage.

The passenger's side panel that's between the front of the hood and the headlight is starting to melt!

I washed and waxed the Grey Jewel, put the cover on it and it was going to sit until the sun comes back out next week (maybe). BUT I had to take it to the dealer today because the "service stabilitytrak" message kept popping up. TECH 2 reported steering position sensor error and the sensor was replace #15231656. It rained cats and dogs (and a couple of mice here and there). Now I have to wash it and spray wax and dry it all over again.

The Tech 2 can do a lot of things, but I don't know if it will do what you're asking. I'll hook mine up this weekend to the V and see if I find anything for you.

The Tech 2 can do a lot of things, but I don't know if it will do what you're asking. I'll hook mine up this weekend to the V and see if I find anything for you.

Don't go through anything special cubby. Try it when you're trying to hunt down another code. If the TECH 2 will trigger the washer it will mess up your hood!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom