Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

THE END

The 04 and 05 looked like warts, that's why 4 years ago we called them warts. We can't change the name, it's too late.
On some other cars like BMW's up on the back of the roof I will agree that they looked like dwarf dorsal fins.
Also what's all this noise about not liking the name XLR. I took any badges off that I didn't like and the only badges left on my V is V badges and supercharged on the cowling of the hood.
When people ask me what is it. I tell them it's a Cadillac V roadster.:pat:
They are not warts, it is a dwarf dorsal fin.
Bruce

Has anyone got an actual confirmation that the XLR has had anything more than a temporary suspension of production?

Could be just rumors .... :squint:

Since the factory is set up for it's production, it just doesn't make sense that they would abandon it altogether ....

(It's okay, b-pappy .... we don't call Lola's antenna a wart either .... )

Received an e-mail from Mr. XLR, in it he said he ordered four or six (I forget the actual amount) XLRs that will be made once they begin to assemble them again in March. Hopefully it's not just because they have the components lying around and want to use them up.

Floyd (BB)

Received an e-mail from Mr. XLR, in it he said he ordered four or six (I forget the actual amount) XLRs that will be made once they begin to assemble them again in March. Hopefully it's not just because they have the components lying around and want to use them up.

Floyd (BB)

My guess is the news that the 09 model is the last year of the XLR are true and they are just planning to finish out the model year. Not sure if they will hit their projected production for 2009 (whatever that is), but I'm sure they have a certain amount of parts that have already been bought or contracted for that they need to use up.

Floyd (BB)

You might want to forward this link to Allen.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach ... I can't believe that the production of such a beautiful car will cease. I am so glad I was able to have been one of the lucky owners. This car has been such a joy.

I am so glad I was able to have been one of the lucky owners. This car has been such a joy.

I agree, but isn't it strange how quickly we forget all the grief many had to go through while straightening out all the various problems many have had?

Sometimes in life it's a wonderful thing as we look back on various moments in one's life we subconsciously block out what we don't care to remember.

The news has been posted on the other site.

Floyd (BB)

New Model XLR

Just arrived home from my Dealer. I was told they will be retooling after the 09 model year as it has now been in production for six model years. The plan is to make it more comfortable for taller drivers, more room on the inside. That sounds good if it is really true. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. The heated steering wheel is standard on the V but an option on the plain model. First Robin

Again I am glad that we were able to have Rendezvous II and III and had the chance to visit BG assembly plant while the cars were being made. Without that opportunity, many of the fine friendships may have never developed and there would be no San Antonio in our future.

Weasle wording

There seems to be a little weasle wording in the press release about perhaps a restart if the economy improves. I think it is doubful.

I have a question for those of you that had Allante's. What happened to the parts supply, warranty etc when the car was orphaned. Could you keep it running for a reasonable length of time. What happens with the GMPP on the car?

JIM

There seems to be a little weasle wording in the press release about perhaps a restart if the economy improves. I think it is doubful.

I have a question for those of you that had Allante's. What happened to the parts supply, warranty etc when the car was orphaned. Could you keep it running for a reasonable length of time. What happens with the GMPP on the car?

JIM

I agree that the XLR is history and won't be coming back. Additionally, I suspect that aftermarket parts will not be a major issue. We could and most likely will see prices go up and probably will not be able to walk into your local autozone type store to buy them, but they will be available. Of course warranties will continue to be honored, but like I said parts at dealerships will probably never be stocked so you can likely expect delays in getting repairs, warrantied or not.

Evidently this dealer didn't get the memo from the plant manager to all emploees.............The XLR is finished at the end of the 09 run and why would they re-tool anything at this point.
Some people just like to talk to hear themselves talk, like your dealer. Just think we have a relic, makes me sick. With all the choices I had I could have picked a beetle, the beetles will inherit the earth. Gee I could have had 7 beetles, one for every day of the week.:bash:
Just arrived home from my Dealer. I was told they will be retooling after the 09 model year as it has now been in production for six model years. The plan is to make it more comfortable for taller drivers, more room on the inside. That sounds good if it is really true. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. The heated steering wheel is standard on the V but an option on the plain model. First Robin

Gee I could have had 7 beetles, one for every day of the week.:bash:

DON'T DO IT!! Hold out for the IQ!! (It has 1.5 seats more than your XLR-V!!!!) :laugh::crazy::laugh:

PS: YES, it can do it in under 5 (minutes)!!!! :sleeping:

broken hearted

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach ... I can't believe that the production of such a beautiful car will cease. I am so glad I was able to have been one of the lucky owners. This car has been such a joy.

I guess we all knew this probably would happen, but hoped it wouldn't. I've never had an emotional attachment to a car in my life... but I am very much in love with my XLR. Not only because I love the design, but for what it has meant to me as a symbol of so many things: independence; recapturing a little of the 'cool' that seemed to slipped away while I wasn't paying attention; as a reward for a decade of very, very hard work building my business; a reminder of the one thing (fast cars) my dad and I could share an interest in when I was a teenager; and of course, the fact that my dear husband told me I really needed it (and not just because he didn't want to share his C6)!

And as a HUGE bonus - I got all of you guys and knowing you has added to the fun of owning the car! Things are better when we share, right? So, I'm sad (and really surprised by how much), but this certainly isn't the end of our friendships and since my car is still pretty young, I think The Barbie Car has lots of good trips left to go!

See ya in Texas! And some of you sooner than that!
~Cathy

So well-said, Quinn .... and I so get it. :wave:

Yes ..... our trip to San Antonio is going to be awesome - I expect that some will by then be driving a new toy .... and that is fine by me, because as you said ..... this car was so much more than just about the car ... :blinzel:

I guess we all knew this probably would happen, but hoped it wouldn't. I've never had an emotional attachment to a car in my life... but I am very much in love with my XLR. Not only because I love the design, but for what it has meant to me as a symbol of so many things: independence; recapturing a little of the 'cool' that seemed to slipped away while I wasn't paying attention; as a reward for a decade of very, very hard work building my business; a reminder of the one thing (fast cars) my dad and I could share an interest in when I was a teenager; and of course, the fact that my dear husband told me I really needed it (and not just because he didn't want to share his C6)!

And as a HUGE bonus - I got all of you guys and knowing you has added to the fun of owning the car! Things are better when we share, right? So, I'm sad (and really surprised by how much), but this certainly isn't the end of our friendships and since my car is still pretty young, I think The Barbie Car has lots of good trips left to go!

See ya in Texas! And some of you sooner than that!
~Cathy

You're correct Cathy, the friendships we have made are a huge bonus. We really have enjoyed meeting all of you XLR owners and look forward to spending time with you. I hope that we will continue to get together with or without the XLR.

Bruce :wave:

Hey Foteen, I think I could get all 7 into my garage and put stickers on them, Sunday through Saturday.
Yesterday my daughter stopped to pick up some food and elderly couple came up to us and said they saw us drive up and told us how gorgeous my V was and wanted to know if I just picked it up at the dealers. Had to tell them it was 3 years old on this very day........They where amazed and were sorry to hear the XLR's have died a slow death. twenty years from now my daughter will take mine to the auction and get $500,000 for it. I will be smiling down from above.:blinzel:
DON'T DO IT!! Hold out for the IQ!! (It has 1.5 seats more than your XLR-V!!!!) :laugh::crazy::laugh:

PS: YES, it can do it in under 5 (minutes)!!!! :sleeping:

Hey Foteen, I think I could get all 7 into my garage and put stickers on them, Sunday through Saturday.
Yesterday my daughter stopped to pick up some food and elderly couple came up to us and said they saw us drive up and told us how gorgeous my V was and wanted to know if I just picked it up at the dealers. Had to tell them it was 3 years old on this very day........They where amazed and were sorry to hear the XLR's have died a slow death. twenty years from now my daughter will take mine to the auction and get $500,000 for it. I will be smiling down from above.:blinzel:
Save the documentation showing it is a waitress magnet. That should help get top dollar at auction :laugh:

"wanted to know if I just picked it up at the dealers."

If and when I get one, I will not volunteer the year, age, mileage, price, or how many previous owners unless forced to!! Something like: :ugh: “Yeah, I’ve wanted one of these for a long time! They sticker for over $100,000, but I got a good deal on this one!! What’s your favorite car?” :chuckle

"twenty years from now my daughter will take mine to the auction and get $500,000 for it. I will be smiling down from above."

:mad: You may not be looking up and, you may not be smiling!! :reddevil

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back