Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Here's the thing ...
We work to supplement our retirement; and then have to pay more taxes because we are working to keep up .... WTH???? Then we have to add our interest to that .... and get taxed more because our income is higher ... no wonder people throw up their hands and let the government spend our tax money on taking care of them. Same outcome only we work. I don't get it. And I don't get the extra $$ either. :bash:

Ha! I already did our taxes, just like every year. Now the game begins - waiting until as close to midnight on the 15th, so I can keep my money as long as I possibly can.

This year we owe again; so those chiseling bastards will have to wait a little bit longer before they can spend my money. Hopefully some little welfare brat has to wait another month for his braces, or his mommy's baby's daddy will have to wait another month to get his methadone, or another tattoo removed to make room for a new one.

Or if I am lucky, one of them welfare lifers will fade away in some clinic waiting for their critical, life-saving, obscenely expensive treatment which will only preserve their pathetic life long enough so we can feed, cloth and house them for another fifty years of their miserable existence.

I am feeling a bit bitter - is it noticable????????/

Ha! I already did our taxes, just like every year. Now the game begins - waiting until as close to midnight on the 15th, so I can keep my money as long as I possibly can.

This year we owe again; so those chiseling bastards will have to wait a little bit longer before they can spend my money. Hopefully some little welfare brat has to wait another month for his braces, or his mommy's baby's daddy will have to wait another month to get his methadone, or another tattoo removed to make room for a new one.

Or if I am lucky, one of them welfare lifers will fade away in some clinic waiting for their critical, life-saving, obscenely expensive treatment which will only preserve their pathetic life long enough so we can feed, cloth and house them for another fifty years of their miserable existence.

I am feeling a bit bitter - is it noticable????????/

Sounds like you need some good cheese with that whine...

Trust me - he's got some great wine. ;)

And I feel the same way. It's crazy, we are supposed to be retired and did everything the way we were "supposed" too - but we are bringing in less than we were 4 years ago. Now, what's wrong with that picture? Oh, yes, we pay in excess of our 0 withholding also. :pat:

Trust me - he's got some great wine. ;)

And I feel the same way. It's crazy, we are supposed to be retired and did everything the way we were "supposed" too - but we are bringing in less than we were 4 years ago. Now, what's wrong with that picture? Oh, yes, we pay in excess of our 0 withholding also. :pat:

I know... and I'm sure he has some GREAT cheeses too :blinzel:

Yea.. it seems to be getting worse every year. Yea right, pay your FAIR share... sure would be nice if every person in this country did!!! More like pay MORE than your fair share... I guess that way every person in this country doesn't have to.

Techie Toy

So - I made the jump into the world of 3G :) and bought the Motorola Droid from Verizon today ... so, what do you think the first thing I learned was??? GPS - it is the answer to all of the problems with the nav system in Lola. Just in time for Colorado! I am not sure that I will ever learn what all that this "thing" can do - I can't call it a phone because that is just another feature. Wow. And that's all I can say because there's so much to learn.
Anyone else got this "phone" yet? Any tips?

So - I made the jump into the world of 3G :) and bought the Motorola Droid from Verizon today ... so, what do you think the first thing I learned was??? GPS - it is the answer to all of the problems with the nav system in Lola. Just in time for Colorado! I am not sure that I will ever learn what all that this "thing" can do - I can't call it a phone because that is just another feature. Wow. And that's all I can say because there's so much to learn.

Good for you, I made the jump back in December. Remember, you have 30 days to take it back, I had mine 21 days, and I bit the bullet, swallowed my pride and took it back. It was a fabulous small computer for me, I loved that about it, but I couldn't turn it on with one hand, it was just to inconvenient for me. Now if I was sitting and could use 2 hands I did well. It is very sensitive to touch and my fingers would get cold and would not work on the touch screen; just one thing after another, I needed a phone. My boss had one and he had to take it back and get it replaced; now my other boss has one, and she loves it, but already she had to have the IT gal in to re-program it again to her computer. Myself, I didn't have that much patience. I had too much to deal with, so back it went. But I liked it, so you go girl and master it, I am waiting for them to per-fect it more...maybe make one without a touch screen..I don't know, it made me want to beat my head with a hammer:bash: Love ya Ruthie, Photo Mom

Cubby won't let me. He said I can barely handle the phone I have. :laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the input .... it is a challenge ... and for sure it is a huge learning curve after using the Envee for 3 years ... So far I have had to charge the battery twice because I have been on it for so long that I am wearing it out! The first time from the store I got about 3 hours or so, then, of course, I got up at some ungodly hour this morning and have been playing with it ever since .... I just plugged it in to charge so that I can leave here this morning with a full charge. My biggest problem is - like yours Jeannie - the keyboard. I don't know if I like the slide feature or not. The jury's still out on that. I know I love the NAV ... have already tested in twice yesterday afternoon. It beats the heck out of the XLR Nav - I like that I can do my Excel spreadsheets on it for work. So - I can see how it can be a love-hate relationship. I am not into music, so I could care less about those features - but love the voice search, etc. I called tech support this morning and they are sending me the full manual for the device from Motorola - I think that will be a big help since I'm such a visual person ... we'll see. I'd like to link my home to this thing .... well, we'll just see about that ... lol

Update: I do not like the Droid and will probably return it. Way too much trouble for simple phone calls and texting .... I don't need all of the techno abilities (or apps) it offers ..... But we love the voice GPS ....
I would reccommend this for those in The Brave New World!

BTW - I cannot stay logged in to this forum for about the last week - anyone else having that problem??? :squint:

Update: I do not like the Droid and will probably return it. Way too much trouble for simple phone calls and texting .... I don't need all of the techno abilities (or apps) it offers ..... But we love the voice GPS ....

BTW - I cannot stay logged in to this forum for about the last week - anyone else having that problem??? :squint:

There were times yesterday that I could not get in the forum, said the page was not available, must have been having trouble with the internet.:blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

I thought the same way about the Droid shortly after I got one. Almost sent it back but after the learning curve, I came to like it quite a bit.

Give it some time....

Bob

You asked for tips on the Droid, I might suggest some Applications that are useful. First get Mobile defense, in case you misplace the phone. Then get documents to go (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and PDF), Astro (file manager, Barcode scanner, metal detector is cool, Space Physics, and many more.

Bob

Droid

..Sorry to hear about the Droid. It was a great mini computer, but not a great phone for me. They will come out with more, maybe something that we like....Have a Blessed Easter.

I would love to be more active on this forum .... I miss you guys ... but I cannot stay logged in anymore ... don't know what's going on ....

MM's .... hope you have a great trip ... my spirit rides with you!:rocker: :love:

Lola is going to be entered into her first car show on May 1 ... guess if Ray doesn't rub the paint off that is ... lol :rolleyes:

I've been busy .... busy .... busy .... being back to work is wonderful!

'Keeping the Droid ... although I think it needs lots of updating ... like FB chat ... ;)

I would love to be more active on this forum .... I miss you guys ... but I cannot stay logged in anymore ... don't know what's going on ....

MM's .... hope you have a great trip ... my spirit rides with you!:rocker: :love:

Lola is going to be entered into her first car show on May 1 ... guess if Ray doesn't rub the paint off that is ... lol :rolleyes:

I've been busy .... busy .... busy .... being back to work is wonderful!

'Keeping the Droid ... although I think it needs lots of updating ... like FB chat ... ;)

Good luck in the car show... hopefully there's enough paint left on 'er to be able to see the color:chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh:

New puppy pictures

Here are the pictures, and I hope they come through, of our new puppy that we picked up yesterday and no this is not Phlufe! LOL! He is though a white Siberian Husky but he has golden eyes. We have not quite settled on a name for him, yet.

Jean - great doggie!

Name .... well, the opposite of Phufley is Spikey .... does he look like a Spike to you?

Nope doesn't look like a spike to me! :dunno::confused: Kent He is about 6 months old the same age as Phlufe. He does talk and howl and cry and I figure he will teach Phlufe to do the same, and has learned how to open the back door. :rocket::reddevil We have kind of settled on Wolphe, pronounced Wolfy, but not a 100% sure, yet as I would like to call him Phuze pronounced Fuzzy.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom