Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

I wish I had done this YEARS ago .... I am having the best time ... it's not like work at all .... lot's of socializing and hey, when I'm done I get to have a glass of wine!

I never understood it when people said they were being paid to do what they love. Now I know. Sort of like ballplayers .... they don't do it "just" for the $$. They are using their talent, playing and getting paid for it. As much as I thought I liked what I used to do - now I know the difference. I'm not even tired when I get done, I feel exhilartated! Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? :lol:
You go RA have fun life is short just enjoy everyday of it.:D

Fred:wave::wave::wave:

Thank's Fred ... I do enjoy life ... especially when we're on a road trip in Lola ... !:rocker:

We are having a beautiful day here as well... got another 9 inches of the white stuff over the weekend!!! Gotta LOVE IT, since it doesn't make any sense to live here and hate it...
Oh how i remember those Illinois winters. I feel for you are winter here is almost over which this year has been an extremely wet (rain) and much colder than past years but nothing like what your going through. Hang in there.;)

Fred:wave::wave:

License Plate Frame

The Red Noland Cadillac Dealership gave me an XLR License Plate Frame yesterday when I stopped in. Next time "Little Bugger" comes out of the garage I will have it installed. We got about 2 inches of snow last night but it is melting fast, lots of sunshine today.

Didn't realize how much I missed the Wive's Club until I read the new posts ... which took me back through some others ... it seems like this was the thread that kept us connected without controversy ... ;)

I've been just plain busy. I had forgotten what it was like to "work" ... my days just fly by and Oh man, am I happy to have Lola to drive everyday now, and not just to the grocery store. Everywhere I park her people still make a point to tell me what "a beautiful car" she is. I just say ... "I know - I love her" .... last night I was leaving a client's house and I mentioned that I might eventually trade her for a Corvette - the guy was incredulous ... he said you can buy a Corvette any time but you'll never see one of these again. And I thought, you know, he's right. And that's not to take away anything from any of you Vette owners - I certainly wouldn't mind having one .... but he is right.
Every time I get in my car it's like the first time. :rocker:

Early Birthday Gift

Supa surprised me with an early birthday gift today....An embroidered XLR hoodliner for Scarlett-V!!! I guess she had help from Homegrown and Cadillac Tech, Thanks guys.

Weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend, so I may be working on that!!! Rich I may be calling you for installation tips.:lol:

Thanks Homegrown. He loved it. He can't wait to get on Scarlett-V.

How cool....
Birthday?
Cubby, it's your birthday? When?
I can't get to any calendar month on this forum for 2010 ...

So ... I'll just have to say :party:birthday::party! Hope it's your best ever ... :love:

Ruth Ann & Ray

How cool....
Birthday?
Cubby, it's your birthday? When?
I can't get to any calendar month on this forum for 2010 ...

So ... I'll just have to say :party:birthday::party! Hope it's your best ever ... :love:

Ruth Ann & Ray
His Bday isn't until May 3rd, but Homegrown found the hoodliner on ebay and I bought it for him and gave it to him early for his birthday. I think he will have Scarlett-V out before May 3rd.

There are some BIG birthdays coming up this year. Supa......MissyBling.....Quinn.....and even Photo Mom.
We're going to have to celebrate while we are in Colorado Springs!!:party

***Cubby - I liked your idea. :)

Kathy

There are some BIG birthdays coming up this year. Supa......MissyBling.....Quinn.....and even Photo Mom.
We're going to have to celebrate while we are in Colorado Springs!!:party

***Cubby - I liked your idea. :)

Kathy

Cindy turns the BIG 5-0 on May 2...

My Cindy turned the big 5-0 last December 3rd (but I was in Vegas on a business trip at the time).

:party

We're headed up to the Okanagon Wine Valley in lower BC, Canada for Cindy's birthday. The Okanagon is really an amazing wine valley, located just above Washington state. Once you cross the border at Oosoyos, there are 150-200 wineries in about 100 miles. They have exceptional ice wines, which are made in very few areas, not to mention their Cabernets, Pinot Muniers, etc. For those that don't know, Ice Wines are made from grapes that have been intentionally left on the vine to freeze. The grapes have to be frozen on the vine at 8 below zero for a certain amount of time (I believe 7 days) then are harvested while still frozen. The grapes are rushed to the winery where the ice crystals are separated from the pulp; then wine is made from the pulp that remains, which is very little. Since there is very little pulp left after the ice is separated, the wine that is made is very sweet, in limited quantity, bottled in 200ml or 385ml bottles and quite expensive. If the grapes are harvested early, the wine cannot be called an Ice Wine, it is called a Late Harvest and is not nearly as sweet as a true Ice Wine. Last time we were up to the Okanagon, we spent $45 on a 200ml bottle. Ice wine is the only wine that Cindy has found that is sweet enough for her palate. It has the consistency of warm syrup when poured, but sweeter. It really is an amazing wine.

I think we should celebrate EVERYONE'S birthday in Colorado ... we can all buy a round and .... Hey, what the heck, they're all special and so are we! :rocker:

I only celebrate my birthday on even numbered birthdays, in even numbered years. Good thing I was born in '58:lol::lol::lol:

You know Supa and I don't need a reason to :beerchug::beerchug::party:party:party

I think we should celebrate EVERYONE'S birthday in Colorado ... we can all buy a round and .... Hey, what the heck, they're all special and so are we! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom