Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The people vs winter...

You had to remind me that Winter is coming didn't ya' YUCK!!!! Did you notice that all those cars sliding down the hills, had their wheels lock up tight?

Let's not talk snow till I get back from Louisiana after Thanksgiving. :squint::squint:

Winter is close

Just put the X into hibernation last weekend. Will be about 6 months before I seen it again!! Oh, the pain!!

Just put the X into hibernation last weekend. Will be about 6 months before I seen it again!! Oh, the pain!!

I KNOW the feeling!!!!! Put mine away for her long winter's nap on Nov. 3... latest I've done it since I've got her.

Some of those looked very painful.

I wonder if anyone drives their XLR in the snow. It would be great to hear how well it handles it.

Some of those looked very painful.

I wonder if anyone drives their XLR in the snow. It would be great to hear how well it handles it.

I heard of people that do drive their XLR in the winter; seems to handle quite well. I, however, plug in the tender and cover her up for her loooong winter's nap - which, incidentally, I did on November 3.:(:( Can't wait for the first sign of Spring...:D:D

I heard of people that do drive their XLR in the winter; seems to handle quite well. I, however, plug in the tender and cover her up for her loooong winter's nap - which, incidentally, I did on November 3.:(:( Can't wait for the first sign of Spring...:D:D

I'll probably put her away this weekend. It is getting too cold and we did have a freak snow storm a two weeks ago. I don't get to drive it enough! (Wine!):banghead: I'll take some cheese please.

Almost time to put away the bathing suits and adjust how long the pool filter runs.

This Sunday( tomorrow ) is the last local car for here it's called
The Show before the "SNOW"
2 years ago it snowed 6" last week of October - unusual for here! But the show was the following weekend and it was close to 60 degrees that show day! Just go's to show we Ain't gonna control Mother Nature! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

There is one good thing about winter!
yhuja9y3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never knew

Growing up in the south (Charleston SC), I never knew how harsh winter could be until I spent a year in Illinois on a nuclear project. It was a real learning experience!

Fortunately, I was drivng my Cadillac Eldorado Diesel at the time, so that was a big help in getting around. That big, heavy diesel engine sitting directly over the front wheels went about as well as you could expect.

Living here in NC, we get four distinct seasons, which is nice. Summer can be hot, but spring and fall are very nice and winters are mild. We usually get about one snow per year, and about every other winter that snow can be 3 to 6 inches. For most folks around here, snow is nature's way of saying "take a day off"!

Of course, there is no such thing as putting your car up for winter here. We can get some cold snaps where it stays pretty cool for several days in a row, but you also get lots of nice days all through the winter, so many that you can play golf year-round.

Taking the XLR for a nice "leaf drive" is great in October and November, and we like to go out for a nice drive on some of those very cool but sunny Saturdays and Sundays.

I hate it for you folks that put your XLRs into "hibernation" for the winter, but after my "Illinois winter", I understand.

Just spend the winter thinking about that sunny spring day that it comes back out for the first drive of the year!

Here in Davenport it is lightly raining and snowing. However, the past weekend it was about 48 degrees Fahrenheit, dry and sunny. It was great fall weather to take the XLR out and drive it. The car is a pleasure to drive top up and top down. I drove along the river and then into Illinois to visit family. The car performed well as usual. Even though it is raining and snowing today, hopefully that will be gone by the end of the week and maybe I can drive it some more without having the car rained on (we know these cars melt if they get rained on :lol:). I am doing everything I can to drive it up to the last moment I have to put button it up for the winter. Maybe the weather will continue to be good enough to be able to drive it during Thanksgiving.

Here in Davenport it is lightly raining and snowing. However, the past weekend it was about 48 degrees Fahrenheit, dry and sunny. It was great fall weather to take the XLR out and drive it. The car is a pleasure to drive top up and top down. I drove along the river and then into Illinois to visit family. The car performed well as usual. Even though it is raining and snowing today, hopefully that will be gone by the end of the week and maybe I can drive it some more without having the car rained on (we know these cars melt if they get rained on :lol:). I am doing everything I can to drive it up to the last moment I have to put button it up for the winter. Maybe the weather will continue to be good enough to be able to drive it during Thanksgiving.

Here in Billings, it's 29 above today. Forecast is calling for almost 60 tomorrow... Montana weather, you just gotta love it. Anyway, the car is all snug as a bug in a rug covered in the garage, too much work to take it out for just a day or two. Once I have her tucked away for the winter, she stays there until the first sign of spring.

Anyway, the car is all snug as a bug in a rug covered in the garage, too much work to take it out for just a day or two. Once I have her tucked away for the winter, she stays there until the first sign of spring.

I've always said that, but I never do. Withdrawals get so bad, as soon as its clear and 50*+... off comes the cover, unplug the tender, and drive! :D:D:D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom