Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Thoughts and Prayers to Fort Hood

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
My thoughts and prayers go to those at Fort Hood. What a tragedy. I know one of our new members, XLR, is in the Army and is in Killeen, Texas.
:patriot:

My thoughts and prayers have always been for the troops. I wish they would bring them home.

Fred:patriot:

If you're not safe on a military base, I don't know where you could be :patriot: ..... I just hope this isn't terrorism within our home boundries .... again.

I find it so against everything I believe that you can enjoy the freedoms and liberty we have and do something so horrific.

My heart breaks for them.

Even when they are on U.S. soil they aren't out of harm's way.
It not a matter of being in harms way unless you have experienced combat its difficult to understand the stress factors that will effect your life forever. Combat is not John Wayne movies. If they do not want to bring our troops home then they should re-instate the draft these troops have been over extended these troops are depending on the leadership in Washington to do right by them. Politics SHOULD NEVER interfere with providing enough manpower and resource's. Our soldiers our leaving from one combat area coming home and being sent to another. The Army and Marines have been bled dry of there combat forces there is NO EXCUSE for this and if a commander in a war zone conducted his operations in that of over-extending his forces he would be relieved of command.

This is the 2nd time this week I have heard the phrase "reinstate the Draft" - I can see both sides of this. No mother wants her son to be sent off to war. No war can be fought without trained soldiers. Wars have been fought from the beginning of recorded history - over land, religion, assets, ideals, everything - It's pretty egotistical of us to think that just because some of us Tree Hugger's don't like the concept that it will cease.
Men seem to like war. I say that seriously. Men join the services to "serve" their country. They willingly lay their lives down on the line for it everyday. Little boys play "war" .... rat-a-tat-tat, fall down and play die .... I really think that we are a civilization that is steeped in fighting for our rights. But, since armys all over the world have troops with the same mission, it seems to me it is just born in the soul.
I have seen mother's and father's cry rivers of tears, and still the wars go on.

It not a matter of being in harms way unless you have experienced combat its difficult to understand the stress factors that will effect your life forever. Combat is not John Wayne movies. If they do not want to bring our troops home then they should re-instate the draft these troops have been over extended these troops are depending on the leadership in Washington to do right by them. Politics SHOULD NEVER interfere with providing enough manpower and resource's. Our soldiers our leaving from one combat area coming home and being sent to another. The Army and Marines have been bled dry of there combat forces there is NO EXCUSE for this and if a commander in a war zone conducted his operations in that of over-extending his forces he would be relieved of command.

The monster who did this was not even ever deployed. He was set to go to his first deployment. I started this thread to let some of our fellow members know that we are thinking about them and have them in our thoughts and prayers. Not to start a political debate.

The monster who did this was not even ever deployed. He was set to go to his first deployment. I started this thread to let some of our fellow members know that we are thinking about them and have them in our thoughts and prayers. Not to start a political debate.
This guy was actually a doctor treating our soldiers for Post Traumatic Stress disorders that have returned from both Iraq and Afganistan. He was pending orders to leave Friday (today) he listen to the horror stories of combat at least 8 hours a day he didnt want to go. He is a coward for doing what he did I am happy he lived so he can be treated as a coward in a courtroom and have to live with what he did. I have consistently put in threats that we need to bring our troops home I will not stop saying that. This is not a political debate for me. We are not supporting our troops by allowing this to continue in its present form. Americans need to speak out more.:patriot:

Fred

This guy was actually a doctor treating our soldiers for Post Traumatic Stress disorders that have returned from both Iraq and Afganistan. He was pending orders to leave Friday (today) he listen to the horror stories of combat at least 8 hours a day he didnt want to go. He is a coward for doing what he did I am happy he lived so he can be treated as a coward in a courtroom and have to live with what he did. I have consistently put in threats that we need to bring our troops home I will not stop saying that. This is not a political debate for me. We are not supporting our troops by allowing this to continue in its present form. Americans need to speak out more.:patriot:

Fred
I know all about this guy I have read everything on this. Americans do need to speak out; however, there is a time and a place. This thread was started to let them know we as a group we are thinking of them not to start with we need to bring people home.

I know all about this guy I have read everything on this. Americans do need to speak out; however, there is a time and a place. This thread was started to let them know we as a group we are thinking of them not to start with we need to bring people home.

My thoughts and prayers also go out for the victims and families of this horrible event. GOD be with them all!

I am terribly saddened by this horrific tradgedy and my heart and prayers goes out to the families of the people that lost their lives. This is not a political statement, it is merely a question. Having grown up during and after World War II, I watched our troops come home that had fought in combat, had been prisoners of war, held in death camps and death marches, seen the results of the gas chambers, I watched these brave people fit back into civilian life, have children, supported their families and never once heard anything about Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, so what is this all abut today? I have very close friends that are survivors of WWII, still alive and they too are questioning this delima as WWII was the most horrific of wars.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom