Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Time to zaino

Stella

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004xlr
Just received my car pro detail kit from zaino.:thumbsup It has everything to detail a car from soap,wheel cleaner,tire shine,leather cleaner and conditioner. Then it has clay bars,polishes,and waxes. The kit is alittle pricey but from what I read it's well worth it and should last a long time. Now I just need to give her a bath before it gets to cold so I can spend countless hours applying her makeup before we go out again:lol:

Stella, welcome to the dark side!!
If you've never used Zaino before a little goes a Loooong way. I've been a Zaino user since 2008 and am on my fourth vehicle using the stuff. Using the ZFX activator you can apply at least 3 coats of the Pro polish a day instead of one a day and waiting 24 hours in between applications. Right now I've got about 8 coats on my Infrared X. The Gloss Enhancer is good for everyday use (if you want to) and the Z-8 detailer spray is when you really want to show off the shine. I don't know which bucket set you got but if the CS sealer is in, I have a post on here about using the Z-6 or Z-8 along with CS that is really neat. And the leather cleaner/conditioner is great and leaves a nice new car smell for days after application.

It was their pro detail kit it has the sealer also. Had to get a towel pack too why not. Ill stop stealing them from the bathroom. I plan on doing the clay bar first then go through the steps. Will see what three coats looks like and go from there. So did you have much left over after mixing their two ounce ratio. Or did you stop when you ran out so not to waste? My arm and wife is gonna hate me after spending all this time in the garage polishing but I'm hope its worth it.

The two ounce mixing bottle is good for three applications on my X. I wait about 30 minutes after wiping off the haze.

Biggest thing I've learned is if it looks like you haven't put anything on (before wiping off), you've gotten it just right. The stuff is a bear to get off if you put on too much & will leave smears, although they'll come off if/when you wash it.

Yep, sometimes that will happen to me and I'll just use some Z-6 sprayed lightly on the streaks, wipe off and it's good to go.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom