Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire Rotation

XLRJIM

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Satin Nickel
What is the latest theory? Do you rotate the oem run flats or not. When I first bought the car 7 years ago the dealer said no. Now I am hearing yes..

What is the current practice? thanks I am taking the car in for routine service this month and would like a heads up.

JIM

I cant speak for the run flats but I have had my tires on for 20000 miles and have not rotated them. They are still like new. I rotated the BMW's tires and they are cupped after 20000 miles. I believe it depends on the car. The XLR dosnt seem to wear tires so I dont rotate. The BMW on the other hand, lets say I love my XLR.

What is the latest theory? Do you rotate the oem run flats or not. When I first bought the car 7 years ago the dealer said no. Now I am hearing yes..

What is the current practice? thanks I am taking the car in for routine service this month and would like a heads up.

JIM

It's a good idea to rotate your tires for longer tread life.
LF to RR
RF to LR
LR to LF
RR to RF

TNX

Thanks Bruce.. will rotate per your recommendation.
JIM

Good to have someone like Bruce on here. I asked the shop I by my tires from and they said it's not nessasary on this car. Guess I'll go back and have then do it.

It's a good idea to rotate your tires for longer tread life.
LF to RR
RF to LR
LR to LF
RR to RF

Just remember that if you go LF to RR and RF to LR you will have to dismount the tires and turn them around on the wheels if you have directional tires like I do..... and if you have different size front and rear tires you may want to reconsider as well.

tnx

I have the same size on all 4 corners and don't see any directional arrows on the tires so I think the cross rotation will be ok. With out rotating I got 26 k on the first tires and have 11 k on these.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom