Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top is KGB

odtekman

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
OK guys I am desperate. 2005 XLR garaged for a year on a trickle charger. Now not even a red light inside when I approach. No action at all. Changed battery in the FOB, no response. OH, did I mention that the Emergency Key does nothing. It turns and I can faintly hear something try to move, but it doesn't. No familiar "click" when electronics engage.

The question is, cannot open a door, truck or hood. How do i get in now?????? Please stop laughing long enough to answer.

odtekman PS: KGB = Kissed the Golden Buzzard.

OK guys I am desperate. 2005 XLR garaged for a year on a trickle charger. Now not even a red light inside when I approach. No action at all. Changed battery in the FOB, no response. OH, did I mention that the Emergency Key does nothing. It turns and I can faintly hear something try to move, but it doesn't. No familiar "click" when electronics engage.

The question is, cannot open a door, truck or hood. How do i get in now?????? Please stop laughing long enough to answer.

I believe there is a cut key inside your key FOB that should get you inside the doors and trunk?

I believe there is a cut key inside your key FOB that should get you inside the doors and trunk?
Rob, Thanks so much for your quick reply. I call your attention to the line: OH, did I mention that the Emergency Key does nothing. It turns and I can faintly hear something try to move, but it doesn't. No familiar "click" when electronics engage.
Doors = 0, Trunk =0 and hood =0. Now what. If I'm not mistaken, I can't even have to car towed without some kind of access. (Not that I want to)

Rob, Thanks so much for your quick reply. I call your attention to the line: OH, did I mention that the Emergency Key does nothing. It turns and I can faintly hear something try to move, but it doesn't. No familiar "click" when electronics engage.
Doors = 0, Trunk =0 and hood =0. Now what. If I'm not mistaken, I can't even have to car towed without some kind of access. (Not that I want to)
Sorry, I didn't see that. So the emergency key won't unlock the doors??

Sorry, I didn't see that. So the emergency key won't unlock the doors??
Rob, I don't know about other years, but the 2005 does not have a place to use on the doors. Only place is the back bumper.

Rob, I don't know about other years, but the 2005 does not have a place to use on the doors. Only place is the back bumper.
If you can open the trunk, there should be a pull cord to pop the doors open

the key does not do anything electronic. by use of a cable it manually releases the trunk the trunk. It does not pop up. Turn the bumper key and hold . have someone lift the trunk open. when you lift sort of lean back as you lift up or the corners of the trunk may catch on the 1/4 panels and can break the fiberglass trunk. if the trunk does not release with the key you have a problem. The only other way is to fish a rod up to hood release . not to hard if you have done it before .or you can jack up the front put the car on stands and unplug the electric fan motor plug .then you can jump the battery thru the fan wire. make sure you only have 2 wire plug for the fan jump. a few 05 had a three wire plug. dont jump it

Had same problem. Need a 2nd person to lift trunk. Went to YOUTUBE and watched a video VERY helpful as to the steps to find pull tab in trunk ect... In future I leave window down in garage. GOOD LUCK

Had same problem. Need a 2nd person to lift trunk. Went to YOUTUBE and watched a video VERY helpful as to the steps to find pull tab in trunk ect... In future I leave window down in garage. GOOD LUCK
Markwho, the best advice so far. Ironically may last thought when getting out of the car was "I wonder if I should leave the window partially down?" I've been tied up through the holidays and am ready to attack this again. Thanks all.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom