Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top n' Trunk

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
I finally took Lola in yesterday to see why exactly the trunk wouldn't go up (or down) and ditto for the top. Seems that she "unlearned" those procedures. Originally the thought was that it was one of the sensors. Interestingly the tech just reprogrammed her and voila' ...... :blinzel:

The labor was covered as Good Will Customer Service - I thought that was very nice of them.

Glad to hear they sorted it out. Our 2005 Crimson Pearl (Susan) unlearned her trunk/top instructions twice before we replaced a sensor. Now her memory seems pretty reliable.

Hope Lola has a sharp memory as well.

Racingintherain

Actually - I was just about to edit my post ..... seems they DID replace the sensor and THEN reprogrammed her .... sorry about the misinformation .... I think I need to learn how to read more closely ... it was written "...replace sensor/relearn ...." - skipped right over that.

Anyway glad to hear that Susan is not having anymore problems .... that is exactly how I hope it is for Lola .... the recommended service is not until 60,000 miles .... I'm good for awhile ... I hope.;)

My wife gave Susan to me for our anniversary last May. Top failed the day she gave her to me. Needless to say, a bit of a disappointment, but she still looked good with her top up. Only 13,000 miles at the time (now up to 16,000) so hopefully she has many years (and miles) left ahead.

So far -

1) Replace top sensor and reprogrammed
2) Replaced leaking radiator
3) Replaced differential fluid to eliminate grinding noise
4) Repaired scraping sound in steering wheel (wire bundle rubbing)

#'s 1, 2, and 4 under GMPP
#3 on my dime

Susan and I are enjoying the last gasp of Indian Summer in the Washington DC area for top down crusing.

All the best,

Racingintherain

Any idea which sensor was replaced???

Thanks, Rusty 06V

Oh Jeez, don't make me get too technical here .... but I know where it was located .....If you're looking at your deck lid in the up position, it is the one on the left arm, about 1/2 way between.

I haven't had any more problems, but then again, now I am paranoid and it will take me awhile to trust it again ... :rolleyes:

tOP AND TRUNK

Thanks, that's good enough for me !!!

Rusty 06V

Oh Jeez, don't make me get too technical here .... but I know where it was located .....If you're looking at your deck lid in the up position, it is the one on the left arm, about 1/2 way between.

I haven't had any more problems, but then again, now I am paranoid and it will take me awhile to trust it again ... :rolleyes:

Rusty,

Just to let you know there are 3 or 4 sensors in different locations for the top/trunk operation. From past experiences of others it doesn't seem to be one particular sensor that fails. So if you do have this issue, suggest you take it in and they can check each sensor. It also could be the sensor is working,but is out of adjustment. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's good enough for me !!!

Rusty 06V

TRUNK/TOP

Yes, indeed it does. I don't have any problems "yet", but forwarned is forarmed..

Thanks,
Rusty 06V

Rusty,

Just to let you know there are 3 or 4 sensors in different locations for the top/trunk operation. From past experiences of others it doesn't seem to be one particular sensor that fails. So if you do have this issue, suggest you take it in and they can check each sensor. It also could be the sensor is working,but is out of adjustment. Hope this helps.

I still have to take mind in just havent had the time. I will let you all know what they did. Much better off going to the dealer.

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

My tonneau cover working is so intermittent that if I did take it in, it would probably work fine every time for the tech. Sunday we took a drive and it didn't work when we left home, but after an hour on the road, it worked fine.:dunno::dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom