Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Transmission Cooling line leak at radiator fitting- below lower radiator hose- 2004 XLR

kenai

My XLR/V(s)
2004 crimson pearl
Hi - first ever post; hope to pick your brains given the Forum's experience; have leak at fitting on radiator (not on rad fitting to radiator but) on steel incoming cooling line. this is a quik connect fitting. Questions are: is this a jiffy fitting? (the circlip looks to fine to be jiffy). believe an oring sits at base of this fitting which is causing the leak. (i can feel some slack in this connection). If so, is this fitting into radiator replaceable? ...thxs kenai

wondering if a viton oring might not tighten up the connection to base of fitting?

The Transmission Oil Cooler fittings are only quick-disconnect fittings if you have a Special tool. It's called a J 41623B from Kent Moore. The J 41623-B has a secondary function: It is designed to quickly disconnect cash from your wallet. eBay will show you how.

J-41423-B.jpg

The TOC fittings on the radiator are replaced one at a time. Removing both fittings simultaneously will cause the cooler tank to fall out of alignment and require removing the radiator to install the fittings. That would be bad.

There are no O-rings. The fittings should be torqued to 13 ft/lbs. Make sure yours are tight before you go to all the trouble to replace them. If you do, I don't recommend attempting to re-engineer them with supplemental O-rings. That could be bad.

Keep it OEM and drive with contentment.

CC :wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry