Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk will not open without assistance

JT112673

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V (SOLD FEB 2012)
I got back to NJ and my 06 XLR-V was safe and sound in the garage... Problem is the trunk will not open without assistance... therefore the top will not go down without assistance.

when I attempt to open the top or open the trunk the pump runs and the trunk unlatches, but will not open unless I lift it about six inches, than the pistons take over and it opens fully. Once the trunk opens the top will go up and down fine.

I checked the fluid and it's still running at the proper level, so I'm confident there are no leaks. It seems to be only the trunk that is not working properly.

Any suggestions...

Also, has anyone worked with any Denver, CO dealerships that I can feel confident using once I've driven back to Denver next week?

Any advice would be good.

thanks,
JT

I got back to NJ and my 06 XLR-V was safe and sound in the garage... Problem is the trunk will not open without assistance... therefore the top will not go down without assistance.

when I attempt to open the top or open the trunk the pump runs and the trunk unlatches, but will not open unless I lift it about six inches, than the pistons take over and it opens fully. Once the trunk opens the top will go up and down fine.

I checked the fluid and it's still running at the proper level, so I'm confident there are no leaks. It seems to be only the trunk that is not working properly.

Any suggestions...

Also, has anyone worked with any Denver, CO dealerships that I can feel confident using once I've driven back to Denver next week?

thanks,
JT

JT, The best dealership in Colorado is Red Noland Cadillac in Colorado Springs. James is certified in XLR and really knows what he is doing. I think it would be worth the drive to have James work on it. I had nothing but trouble with Rickenbaugh in Denver when I had my Allante and after eight months made them take it back. Mtrocket had James work on his XLR last year on his way to San Antonio and was more than pleased. It is only an hour drive from Denver to Colorado Springs. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Any suggestions...

thanks,
JT

Yes, I was pleased with Red Noland's work on my XLR. I had the hydraulic lines to the header latch replaced. They even gave me the warranty rate; this expense was out of my pocket as I don't have nor am I able to get a warranty.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom